IRDA settings

djchapple

OSNN Addict
I have a P4 2.4GHz 512MB laptop running Windows XP Home. I would like to use this laptop to talk to my SonyEricsson T68i mobile phone via the Infrared port. So far I have has no luck.

When I look at the IRDA settings under Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device manager/Infrared Devices/IrDa fast Infrared Port/Properties/Advanced I see there are many different settings. There are two Infrared Transceivers, A and B (each with 12 different emulations) and 5 different Maximum Connect Rates.

I have checked in the BIOS that the IRDA is activated. It is Fast IRDA rather than ASK IRDA

Which settings should I choose, what else must I set up and how can i check that the IRDA actually works?

Many thanks

On my Tosh Satellite 5100 settings is set to
Auto
min. turn around time 1.0m/s
speed limit 4 mbps

I have use it with my motorola phone
I use it all the time with my Clie
Your laptop should detect the phone any time it is near the ir port
your phone software has to be setup as well

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back