IRC Question

G

gmagnuson

I was wondering if there is a way to log several channels while I am away. I don't want to leave my computer on all the time, but I still want to be able to access the logs. I have a web server I could install things if there is a program that could keep a log for me on that. Do any of you know of a program?

Thanks!

What do you use as an IRC program? Some have logging options.

MIRC, AcidMax and I have tried a few others, but I don't really want to leave my computer on. I can log while my computer is on, but if it is not..... Then What?

irc

i belive he means he wants something to run on a web server to log irc channels... he wants to turn the computer off so it dosn't matter what client hes running... i don't know of any web page apps that can do that but i would assume it would need java, cgi, asp, or php to work.... it would have to be able to log on to all of the channels and periodicly save it to a log file... and depending on the channel the logs will get quite big real quick...

hope this helps some..

Re: irc

Originally posted by Folci
i belive he means he wants something to run on a web server to log irc channels... he wants to turn the computer off so it dosn't matter what client hes running... i don't know of any web page apps that can do that but i would assume it would need java, cgi, asp, or php to work.... it would have to be able to log on to all of the channels and periodicly save it to a log file... and depending on the channel the logs will get quite big real quick...

hope this helps some..
Correct!! :)

They should not get that big as the channels are not that active...

If you can run background processes on this webserver (such as an eggdrop bot or text irc client) you could probably have it log channels and save them into a public_html where they could be viewed via the web.

If its just a webhosting account (and not a shell account that explicitly allows bots or irc clients) that sort of stuff is more then likely not allowed.

JJB

I am not hosting my own web server, I am buying it, so you are thinking I cannot get it to work?

Originally posted by JJB6486
If you can run background processes on this webserver (such as an eggdrop bot or text irc client) you could probably have it log channels and save them into a public_html where they could be viewed via the web.

If its just a webhosting account (and not a shell account that explicitly allows bots or irc clients) that sort of stuff is more then likely not allowed.

JJB

Is there a text irc client that can be run off of a Linux server?

Make sure what ever hosting company you chose, allows IRC connections.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back