IRC Client

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I'm looking for a good IRC client to use and I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm currently using mIRC but when trying to connect to other servers besides EFNet I get the following message:

* /socklisten: bind error (line 11, webclient.mrc)
-
[20:04:42] * Disconnected
-
* /join: not connected to server (line 3, aliases.ini)
-
[20:04:43] * Connecting to yukon.winbeta.org (6667)
-

I'm able to connect to the server but then get disconnected immediately. I'm not trying to connect to yukon.winbeta.org :shrug:

I've tried and currently use XChat to connect to other servers but don't like the fact that I can't tile windows in that client.

So any other suggestions? Perhaps someone has had a similar problem and can help me fix it??

Originally posted by Jewelzz

I've tried and currently use XChat to connect to other servers but don't like the fact that I can't tile windows in that client.

I didn't like XChat either for the same reason. Try a re-install of mIrc with Acidmax. Do you still have Excursion installed?

Got rid of them all. I switched to mIRC because I (Acidmax) was banning ppl when I wasn't around, for no reason. An Op had to deop or kick me so I (Acidmax) wouldn't ban.

If only XChat would tile it's windows :shrug:

Oh, and I have tried reinstalling mIRC but the same thing happens :(

I don't understand the need to tile windows, i'm on 6 servers on 13 (more sometimes) channels, and i get on fine with X-Chat.

As for your problem just try /unload -rs webclient.mrc then press alt+a and see what alias is on line 3.
I don't think this is the actual problem tho, the client wouldn't cause an error that would lead to instant disconnect

Spose so, I just can't justify 13 windows splattered across my screen. and i hate having any app (other than Graphics and Games) in full screen/maximised, so tiling the windows would give a very small portion of screen to each channel.

Bleh.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I don't understand the need to tile windows

As xsiv said, user preference

As for your problem just try /unload -rs webclient.mrc then press alt+a and see what alias is on line 3.
I don't think this is the actual problem tho, the client wouldn't cause an error that would lead to instant disconnect

Did the /unload and said it wasn't found :( Line 3 in my alias is /j /join #$$1 $2-

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Spose so, I just can't justify 13 windows splattered across my screen. and i hate having any app (other than Graphics and Games) in full screen/maximised, so tiling the windows would give a very small portion of screen to each channel.

Bleh.
I'm not as popular as you, I only have 5 to 6 channels open on mIRC at 1 time :p
As for full screen, IRC is the only app that is full screen, I hate them as well.

try /server 208.185.81.220
(or /server -m 208.185.81.220 to get a new window in mIRC)

Dunno what it's suppose to do but it did nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back