Irc Client

paul2-0-0-2

OSNN Senior Addict
Whats the best 1 out??

Only ever used Mirc but wana start using it again an wondered which 1 :)

i use hydrairc, in the past i have used mirc/x-chat/chatzilla

i also use hydrairc

http://www.hydrairc.com/
ss06.png

it is very good, i use xchat on my slackware box and xchat-aqua on my iBook :)

IRC client it complete personal chose ... no "best" one :)

Anything that isn't mIRC :)

Can back-up what's been suggested already though..

HydraIRC (www) is a very nice client, written natively for Win32 aswell. It's quite un-finished at the moment though, but of course it can only get better.

X-Chat www) is a more established client. There aren't as many features as some other clients, but basically, I refuse to use anything else because I like it that much :)

SPeedY_B said:
Anything that isn't mIRC :)
mIRC alone isn't bad if your a windows user ... its the "scripts" that give mIRC a very very bad name :(

The fact it's $20.00 for something many other clients manage to do for free, and in most cases, do better, has always put me off.

SPeedY_B said:
The fact it's $20.00 for something many other clients manage to do for free, and in most cases, do better, has always put me off.
at least its for something legit unlike ppl that paid for Kazaa :p

I've always liked mIRC. There are decent scripts for it, and it isn't very hard to customize for yourself. I also use Xchat on Debian ... haven't gotten used to it, but it's working great. Plugins aren't very plentiful though.

Oh yeah, hydrairc looks sweet. I might give it out a try. If it wasn't for my huge mIRC log files that have been around for years, I'd might be convince to leave mIRC altogether.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back