• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

IRC Channel: How to

I wish to start a chat channel for my forum, say, like the one NTFS has.

However, I haven't a clue of how to do this, or where to start.

May I please get some help?

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
If you're starting your channel on a server like EFNet, where there is no chanserv, you'll need bots. You can talk to Benny, X-Istence or JJB about bots.

All you have to do is start your channel, type /j #yourchannelname

That is basically what I would like to do. Start my own channel, on EFNET, or whatever best.

Thanks for the idea, I will surely ask.

I'm just curious as how to register a channel? Need I? or would it allready be there for me? :eek: :p

Kr0m

Aye. No channel registration or Nickname registration. If they had these years ago it would have prevented a lot of the chaos that went on. It's seemed to be better though over the past year or two.

Usually if you have friends with bots you can ask them to throw a couple bots in your channel and give you channel owner access to them.

There's various other networks with these services though.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
You'll be better of starting out on a small network (less netsplits) with ChanServ and NickServ. Reliable as Eggdrops/TCL/Other bots are, they can only ever claim 99% uptime, and more than likely, you'll actually need them during that 1% downtime.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies