ipv6 network - how?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I am bored so i have decided to mess about with ipv6 for a direct pc to pc connection (windows to mac on a gbit connection) but no matter what ipv6 address i have tried and after hours of googling and using various on-line ipv4 to ipv6 converters things still aren't going right.

At the moment all i have for the ipv4 settings are the ip and subnet, i have tried various ipv6 address's and network lengths but still windows is always telling me i have no network access and the mac always says i have a null address.

Any help would be great.

Have you tried rebooting since changing any of the settings? What version of Windows is this?

ipv6 is a waste of time. It is recognized by a small percentage and will not come into play for another couple of years ...

johnny ipv4 will run out in mid 2010 - so they say, so its going to come into play, so its worth the time to have a look at it.

Plus i might be dropping back to vista due to the lack of driver support from nvidia atm, what with it lacking drivers for raid and the raid tools, and the in box (old nvidia drivers) drivers sucking ass :(

When you say direct connection I assume its a crossover wire?
If not and ur using a router it needs to be ip6 compatible I am sure to route the traffic.

direct pc to pc connection using a cat6 crossover

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back