IPOD W/Wireless In Ear Headphones

Techno Child

web{designer}
Until bluetooth ipods come out the best alternative to complete wireless is to just get an iTrip and get in ear fm headphones which are both available, and cheaper than bluetooth. It really works fine unless you live in a big city where you can't find a open station.

However :rolleyes: if they made itrips more powerfull then that wouldn't be a problem :)

The iTrip has to be restricted so that it does not interfear with other people's receiving devices. You can hack it open and get the antenna external, but there's really not much else that can be done to sufficiently boost the transmitting power.

Right. The iTrip has to comply with FCC regulations here in the states, which limits the strength of the FM transmission.

yeah i figured... but... i noticed that when you put the volume up all the way on the ipod the signal is a little better does that increase the signal strength or is it just clearer or both? if the ipod acted like a preamp and then the itrip had it's own volume booster all you would have to do is turn down the volume on the headset and it should be clearer but opening the itrip would already probably make it almost 100% illegal i'm sure :D

The signal is not actually better, just the output... if that makes sense. Turning the volume on the iPod all the way up can actually cause distortion, something I actually experienced myself. The iTrip manual suggests that you put the volume at around 80% I believe.

Yeah I have heard about these so called iPod with Bluetooth but their is one problem......I have just recently heard that USB is moving onto USB Wireless (USBW). Now think about it Wireless USB that sounds really cool. What if Apple decides to use USBW that would be the greatest thing ever but I think they would have to make USBW Headphones after that. Hmmmm maybe they will come out with something like that. That would be so kick behind!!!!!!!1 :) :) :) :)

muzikool said:
The signal is not actually better, just the output... if that makes sense.

Yes that does make sense... but what would be worse - slight distortion or another radio station switching in and out as you walk or drive?

however raising the frequency to higher mhz's also helps i noticed. that also increases the power output i guess.

It is all relative. Nevertheless, I got rid of my iTrip because I wasn't satisfied, and I use a cassette adapter in my car since I've got a deck in addition to the CD. I know it isn't an option for everyone, but I definitely recommend the adapter if you have a tape deck.

Techno Child said:
Yes that does make sense... but what would be worse - slight distortion or another radio station switching in and out as you walk or drive?

however raising the frequency to higher mhz's also helps i noticed. that also increases the power output i guess.
Yeah anything over like 80% volume will actually cause more static then it will help. And your correct about the freq. - Griffin (iTrip maker) states that using something between 98-103 will give you the best sound quality. :)

It is all relative. Nevertheless, I got rid of my iTrip because I wasn't satisfied, and I use a cassette adapter in my car since I've got a deck in addition to the CD. I know it isn't an option for everyone, but I definitely recommend the adapter if you have a tape deck.

exactly what i do.. If its loud you can hear the slight hiss (SLIGHT) but other than that works wonders and cost like 8-10 hehe.

synical33 said:
Yeah I have heard about these so called iPod with Bluetooth but their is one problem......I have just recently heard that USB is moving onto USB Wireless (USBW). Now think about it Wireless USB that sounds really cool. What if Apple decides to use USBW that would be the greatest thing ever but I think they would have to make USBW Headphones after that. Hmmmm maybe they will come out with something like that. That would be so kick behind!!!!!!!1 :) :) :) :)

Not cool at all. you know why? I just invested in Bluetooth. Apple as invested in Bluetooth as well, don't expect it to disappear anytime soon.

Wireless USB? That sounds just silly. I think wireless firewire sounds more sexy. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back