IPOD Virus

rem1x6

Brian = D
I have a prob with my ipod, well did:

-Freeze and do really weird $hit

-I can acually hear my Ipod's hard drive SKIPPING like spiking it for say i suppose and my Ipod would freeze

-I would turn it on and nothing would come up on my playlist or artists or albums.

-I would be listening to for example 50 cent then outta no where in the middle of the song i would hear a All American Reject's clip of a song for like 2 seconds then all of the sudden it would go back to my 50 cent song. This interuption is very annoying acually. Listening to a rap song then all of the sudden some rock =/

Well anyways i think theres a virus in one of my song files. I reformated it for the 3rd time and i finally thought about this. Just right now i formated it and its smooth sailing. My ipod is running very smoothly and my computer is running fine with it. It has no erros no skipping or freezing nothing also no interruption of clips of other songs The prob is, is there a virus thats out there for IPOD or maybe is there a way to detect any corruptions in my music files on my computer? I scanned with Norton Anti-virus already it says there no virus, but ya. =/ is there a way to find any corruption?

My ipod is updated to the newest drivers for it also =D

thx XD

Last edited:
Nothing has been reported yet. Avoid third party utilities if you're worried one will surface.

I'd be more worried the HD is crapping out. Reformating can recover a weak sector for a while. If it was just corrupted data a single format would fix it. Dropped the IPOD recently? HD's are not shock resistant.

Still under warantee by any chance? Think about an RMA.

As LeeJend said the HD is most likely crapping out. I had a similar skipping problem a few months back. Went into the Apple Store, and they replaced it with a replacement iPod, he said the HD was dying.

hehe i went to the apple store...... they told me because i had a HP apple i was sh*t out of luck. hehe

well maybe its complaining about having to play 50 cent :p

i take it the song doesnt normally do this, if it did then I would say that you downloaded a crappy version of the track ;)

get the last iPod updater and format the hard drive and reload all your music back onto it.

Na my music is full albums and theres never a corrupted song, also its cd quality =/ . Well....someone said that their IPOD would skip, is it their music skipping? or the hd skipping? Well my hd was skipping i don't kno about theirs. Anywho whats an Apple store. I've never heard of one. Is there one in NYC? or in a major city? Cuz i've never seen one in NJ yet XD Also i've never dropped my Ipod yet =D

rem1x6 said:
Na my music is full albums and theres never a corrupted song, also its cd quality =/ . Well....someone said that their IPOD would skip, is it their music skipping? or the hd skipping? Well my hd was skipping i don't kno about theirs. Anywho whats an Apple store. I've never heard of one. Is there one in NYC? or in a major city? Cuz i've never seen one in NJ yet XD Also i've never dropped my Ipod yet =D

My music would skip because the hard drive was dying. Check out Apple's site, you should be able to find an Apple Store near you.

Grandmaster i can't find the closest Apple Store to me. Maybe im just stupid i can't find it anywhere on the site. Well when u said that u returned it for a new one cuz it had the same HD skipping problem, was that under the warranty? or is there a specific amount of time i gotta bring my ipod there? Thx

Is it also possible that i have to much crap on it that my hd can act really weird? I filled 12 GB and now that i only have 2 gigs filled its very smooth, theres nothing wrong with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back