ipod Touch.

RonStarusnak

OSNN Junior Addict
Quickly reviewing it, well not reviewing it because I am sure you already know what it can do so I will express how I feel about it. Overall it's amazing, and I can say it's my favorite piece of tech I have at the moment. Even without being jail broken you can pretty much walk around and text people with wifi and certain sites tailored to that stuff. The only thing I donut like is that the ear buds seem to be too big, I mean they fit perfect but if I press them in more I hear much better base and overall music quality. I bought a case for mine and it's kept it in nice condition, I love the itouch and you can even plug it into your xbox 360 to charge it.

The iPod touches are awesome, but, personally; I am going to get a zen just for the fact that I plan to get a blackberry and that does everything the iPod does, but with pizazz :)

iPhone > iPodTouch just because you can get on ANYWHERE and with Orb, Joost and Pandora, you have all the streaming media you can handle without needing a wifi network :)

And the stock headphones are pants. Zune stock headphones > Apple for sound quality.

iPhone > iPodTouch just because you can get on ANYWHERE and with Orb, Joost and Pandora, you have all the streaming media you can handle without needing a wifi network :)

And the stock headphones are pants. Zune stock headphones > Apple for sound quality.

The iPod Touch 2G is > iPhone because it has a faster processor! The only downside is that it can't be jailbroken. It can be used as a phone for making free calls to other iPhone/iPod Touch users. You would need the TruPhone app (free) to do this. Here's an article on it:
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/voip/truphone-transforms-ipod-touch-into-iphone.asp

If any iPod Touch 2G user here wants to try Truphone, here is the app store download link:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294325816&mt=8

It has a faster processor which assists in some games and not by much.

Using them side by side, there is no comparison, the fact that you can actually use the phone functions by going to Google, pulling up a site and clicking to launch the map or the phone function is a big win. And, I can be online ANYWHERE there is Edge, 3G or wifi.

There is a big advantage over the iPod touch.

Using VOIP or other things is possible, but my point is about the overall functionality. There is no comparison in that respect.

Sazar, you're forgetting one simple thing:
Monthly rates. None with the iPod Touch.

It has a faster processor which assists in some games and not by much.

Using them side by side, there is no comparison, the fact that you can actually use the phone functions by going to Google, pulling up a site and clicking to launch the map or the phone function is a big win. And, I can be online ANYWHERE there is Edge, 3G or wifi.

There is a big advantage over the iPod touch.

Using VOIP or other things is possible, but my point is about the overall functionality. There is no comparison in that respect.
Actually you're right about this! iPhone hardware is better than the iPod Touch. I was thinking about AT&T and the horrible service/prices it has when I made that post.

Last edited:
The iPhone and the Touch cater to different uses. I have both ... don't have any music on my iPhone ... a ton of apps ... and vice versa on my 1st Gen Touch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back