iPod Shuffle

Looks nice. But i am personally waiting till i can get a 20 GB iPod.

thats all this thing is designed to do.
capture the 'in-betweeners' or force them to go big or go home.

at least microsoft isnt doing it, kudos to apple.

i'm kind of dissappointed with apple on this one. it has no screen! why would i ever pay 100 dollars for a flash mp3 player with no screen! although i am happy about the price drop with the new products like the mini mac which is only 499, but still i bet apple would be getting a hell of a lot more business if they lowered prices. and what's with the lack of a powerbook g5?!?!? all that aside i still love apple, i'm just kind of upset at the turnout.

It's a memory stick guys. How big would the screen be? 1 inch by 1 inch? It would be useless. It's a novel idea that will make Apple even more money from the iPod brand.

Well just a small little screen, so you can know what song is playing?

you put the song on there, you should know what it is :) + its so small, i would be afraid of messing up the screen in my pocket with other stuff in it.

Surprisingly, it's priced really well this time (Apple's moving in the right direction!). :)
But like logisticprism said, I was put off by the lack of a screen too. Apple is pushing this as a player that you just use to listen to songs in a linear or random order (hence the name "Shuffle").
If you're looking for a small 512MB/1GB flash player, consider the Creative MuVo Micro N200, which has a small screen (and comes in 8 different colors, if that's of any interest to you)

# Holds up to 16 hours WMA or 8 hours MP3 music
# Line-in connects directly from any audio source for music recording
# Built-in mic allows recording quick notes or lectures
# USB 2.0 connection transfers songs from your computer in seconds

Also has an FM tuner, USB Mass Storage support (for drag-and-drop in Windows Explorer), and PlaysForSure support (syncing with WMP10, and Janus DRM support).

It costs a little more (between $119 and $129 for the 512MB version, depending on the color, on Amazon), but the screen and other extras are worth the small difference, in my opinion.

I'm impressed with the Shuffle. It's tiny, nicely designed and priced fairly. If I hadn't already bought a Mini then I'd definitely consider this one.

i have always said when it comes to the iPods, i want one... but i would never actually save up to buy one, only if i had the extra cash lying around :s but this shuffle looks good and is a nice concept imo so i will definetly be looking to pick one up.

logisticprism said:
i'm kind of dissappointed with apple on this one. it has no screen!
Agreed, but as mentioned, it would be kind of hard to get a decent screen on that device being the size it is, would likely make it look ugly too. I still think a screen should of been designed in though :)

logisticprism said:
and what's with the lack of a powerbook g5?!?!?
You want to try putting a G5 into a notebook and having it not melt :p not an easy task, hence the lack of G5 PowerBooks

mooo said:
you put the song on there, you should know what it is :) + its so small, i would be afraid of messing up the screen in my pocket with other stuff in it.
240 files though, would be nice to have some form of navigation. Although proper navigation would require a larger screen which just wouldn't work on such a small device.

all in all, I'm personally tempted to get one to accompany my iPod, a nice small device just for the journey to work. It's likely I'll just stick with what I have though ;)

Did anyone else read at the bottom of the site "Do not eat iPod shuffle" lol

Im definately tempted to get one of these....I think the 1gig one is $149

£99.01 for us.

Picture2.png

I'm off to America on the 21st for two weeks so I might pick one up there, I can prob get the shuffle and the fm transmitter for the price of the shuffle in the UK.

Nice, you can pick up the 1gb for about £80 then (with current conversion rates anyway :D)

I know... it's great! :D

It's gaining again though, unfortunately :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back