iPod Shuffle

I really want one of these instead of a Zen Micro or iPod Mini. I was reading some comment on iPod Shuffle and it seems most people are complaining about a screen. Now I'm confused. Read here.

i think the thing about that cnet link that you posted is that most people aren't as tech savvy as many of us on the osnn forums. don't listen to people who don't know what they're talking about. they didn't make a screen for a purpose, not because they didn't think about it. it only has 512mb-1gig because it's a flash drive and not a 40 gig 2.5" laptop hard drive.

~bk said:
I really want one of these instead of a Zen Micro or iPod Mini. I was reading some comment on iPod Shuffle and it seems most people are complaining about a screen. Now I'm confused. Read here.
Well, it's really up to you. :)
If you want a screen, look into the several other flash players that are available out there (the MuVo Micro being one of them). If not, the iPod Shuffle should be alright.
If you need more than 512MB-1GB, look into the Zen Micro, the Mini or any other HD-based player.

Whatever you do, spend some time thinking about it and reading up on the various choices you have in mind.

iPod prob

Hi Friends,

Recently i purchase a iPod.Tell me how i operate iPod?
Thanks,
Tom

Bilal, take a look at what's out there as Kunal has suggested. Personally if you're really un-sure there are quite a few cheap players out there (I know a nice functional player can be picked up here for around the £15-£20 mark... technology is fun) so you could probably pick on up and hand it on if you decide you want something that bit better, or you may even find a cheaper player you grow to like.

I wouldn't trust the C|Net rubbish at all, no offence to the people there, but most of the opinions don't know what they're on about, esspecially when it comes to hype'd products like this.

vijaybhatter, try making a new thread with more details regarding what set-up you have. ie: iPod model (iPod 3G, iPod 4g, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle..etc) what operating system you're using and what software you have.

See, I would get a mp3/harddrive player which is more than 1GB (Zen Micro or iPod Mini) but the thing is that, I don't have that many songs. I just delete them if I get bored. :p I guess I'll have to do some research first, as you guys said. :)

Haha, look at what the CEO of Creative is saying about iPod Shuffle.

Creative CEO: iPod shuffle is a joke
Creative CEO Sim Wong Hoo has offered some harsh words for Apple's new iPod shuffle. "Actually, to me it's a big let-down: we're expecting a good fight but they're coming out with something that's five generations older," Wong Hoo said. "It's our first generation MuVo One product feature, without display, just have a (shuffle feature). We had that--that's a four-year-old product."

"So I think the whole industry will just laugh at it, because the flash people--it's worse than the cheapest Chinese player," he added. "Even the cheap, cheap Chinese brand today has display and has FM. They don't have this kind of thing, and they expect to come out with a fight; I think it's a non-starter to begin with."

~bk said:
See, I would get a mp3/harddrive player which is more than 1GB (Zen Micro or iPod Mini) but the thing is that, I don't have that many songs. I just delete them if I get bored. :p I guess I'll have to do some research first, as you guys said. :)

Mirco Coulor is comein out soon aswel something like $50 more looks Wikid

paul2-0-0-2 said:
Mirco Coulor is comein out soon aswel something like $50 more looks Wikid

Doesn't look bad, but who would want a color screen? It's good that they made it 6GB.

~bk said:
Doesn't look bad, but who would want a color screen? It's good that they made it 6GB.

Dunno lol maybe it does something Diffent

Probley been posted but blah nevermind :rolleyes:

macworldexpoday2sf200542.jpg

Thanks for sharing it, I haven't seen that one before. God! Mac Mini looks so nice!

the Creative CEO bashing Apple. Sounds like normal business to me :p.

The reason people will buy this is because it is from Apple. Nothing more nothing less. And think about it for a bit, and think about how many times you turned on your recent MP3 player, and just let it play whatever came up. The last time i changed the song i was listening to, even on iTunes or my MP3 player was just to hit Next.

You can say what you want, but this is still a smart move by Apple. Who cares if you did it first. The public is ready for such a device, back then people were not.

Times have changed.

Ooh OOh, I vote yes, but after the 1st message it sould be deemed a "no go zone" because of possible flaming .. and decaf coffee...

Oh, and just so you know, I wouldn't trade off my iPod for anything other than another member of the "iPod Family" :D

Nicely done, could see you in the active users list, so waited for a post before splitting the thread :D

Looks like my review of the shuffle could be a while off, seems there's a 4 week delay on the shipping:

cfb

Bugger :p

if your going to get an ipod mini then you might as well just save up $50 more and get the 20 gb. and even if you don't have 20 gb worth of music u can always use it as a computer backup hd.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back