iPod or Nomad Zen

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
I am interested in buying a hard drive mp3 player. my CD player broke and instead of buying a new one, i am going for a hard drive MP3 player. i looked at the ipod, but it looks over priced for what it is. Then i saw the creative nomad zen. i have been reading about them and like the zen over the iPod, like 20 gb vs 5gb for $300, and the USB2.0 and playlists on the fly.

however before i buy any new hardware, i ask here for opinions because i like to hear your input. i value it and wonder if anyone has any experience with either player and what you think of their performance. thanks.

I have been reading reviews on the creative one, and the only downside I can see is that it has no remote.

I have a Nomad II by creative, and it also has no remote which is the only regret I have. It has a 32MB storage and I added 128MB

20 GIGS is a lot of gdamn MP3s like 7000 eh.

read any ****ty reviews?

Originally posted by killerk
I have been reading reviews on the creative one, and the only downside I can see is that it has no remote.

I have a Nomad II by creative, and it also has no remote which is the only regret I have. It has a 32MB storage and I added 128MB

20 GIGS is a lot of gdamn MP3s like 7000 eh.

read any ****ty reviews?
I have the Creative Nomad Zen (USB1.1 and SB1394), its a great player I love it, just need to get the remote, but Creative are currently sold out. :(

The Nomad II does have a remote, I am holding it in my hands right now. (reminds me I need to give that to my sister)
I would def go with the Zen over the iPod though.
But I would recommend getting this if you own any Creative Nomad MP3 player. Its fairly cheap and is miles better than Creative PlayCentre

Zen all the way, mines well smart, and you can drop a few gig of files/movies on there and take them round your mates using the creative file manager, and that notmad geffy has does the same i think.

I download stuff at work when and as i see it then drop it on the zen for the journey home :cool:

Originally posted by GoNz0
I download stuff at work when and as i see it then drop it on the zen for the journey home :cool:
Hehe I do that too

well just recieved my zen from gonzo 2day (thanks mate) and it is class. thats all i can say.

please note that apple ipods sometimes have this annoying flickering screen... thats ok if apple would admit it but they dont... i dont even think they give a warranty repair or refund for it...so dont get an ipod... they are overpriced and some are faulty... stick with zen and you cant go wrong

well!

well i would reccomend the nerious mp3 player. i forgot how u spell it. but its amazing. its 20gb i think tis usb2.0 and firewire. also it can broadcast as a radiostation for up to 20 feet. so if ure in the car no more car kit, or expsensive car mp3 player just tune ur radio station, or if ure m8's are around u in a class in school or somthign with discmans and they wanna listen to ur mp3's no more borrowing! YAY!

that does it, i am getting the zen tonight. where are some good places to buy it from? the 20GB one with USB 2.0 (longer battery life). i saw the red chair software, thanks thats a good thing. creative has the zens on back order, so does anyone know somewhere to buy them that ships in the USA?

yea, i was not about to pay $300 retial then shipping for it. I paid $310 for 2 day shipping with some add ons. however as of now the order is still at the ware house. i really wanna test this thing out.

**** man, you are making me want to ditch the ol' namad II and make the jump to 20 GIG goodness.

post some pics of it so that I can get a 12 foot erection.

want me to e-mail you pics when i get it? if so PM me or post your e-mial address. i'll send you screen shots or somehting, whatever you want. happy to help a brother out, and his 12 foot erection ....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back