ipod or iriver?

if they both have the same capacity musically, and the iriver has more capability procatically, why is there even a question?

add that to the few that have mentioned that the ipod's musicall reproduction is flawed at times.

so long as there's a return policy if you're not happy, go with the iriver, see if you like it

Buy both and a tennis ball, you can juggle them all then. woo.

don't know what to buy but now im thinkin ipod cuz its hypnotizing....i can't believe that half my school got ipods for christmas but whatever, they are still sexy.

same here...about 100 kids or so have an ipod at our school. I know some people that have the dell dj and say they love it way more than the ipod.

There are always going to be conflicting opinions and suggestions on such topics.

The best thing to do (if it's possible, of course) is to narrow down your list to a few players that appeal to you based on the information that you can get online, then go to a store and actually try them all out.

Sometimes pictures don't give you a good idea of what something actually looks like (the Dell PocketDJ being a prime example...it's FAR nicer in real life), and if you get a chance to try them all, you'll be able to compare sizes and weights, available features, ease of navigation, prices and several other factors that you should take into consideration before you decide what you want to buy finally.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is - whatever you decide to get, make sure it's an educated decision. Don't get sucked in by hype. Get what seems to work best for you.

Neither: Dell Jukebox all the way ...

k i'll most definitely go to bestbuy and check it out. btw does any body know any good deals? like sometimes at circuit city if you spend like 200 or more they give u a $50 gift card or some crap like that...on pricegrabber i couldn't find an ipod for less than like 295

NetRyder said:
There are always going to be conflicting opinions and suggestions on such topics.

The best thing to do (if it's possible, of course) is to narrow downyour list to a few players that appeal to you based on the informationthat you can get online, then go to a store and actually try them allout.

Sometimes pictures don't give you a good idea of what somethingactually looks like (the Dell PocketDJ being a prime example...it's FARnicer in real life), and if you get a chance to try them all, you'll beable to compare sizes and weights, available features, ease ofnavigation, prices and several other factors that you should take intoconsideration before you decide what you want to buy finally.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is - whatever you decide to get, makesure it's an educated decision. Don't get sucked in by hype. Get whatseems to work best for you.

Very well said. :)

prodj88 said:
o my god u can get the ipod 20gb for 270 instead of 300 for student discount!! HAIL YEAH!
Looks like you're mind's pretty much made, heh. :p

IMO if you have windows and windows only then you pretty much have the pick of the litter so to speak. I saw one of the 20gb Sony devices the other day and it looked quite nice. Granted it uses a proprietary encoding format and its own management software of SonicStage which is Windows only. Creative have yet to release any Mac Drivers or plugins and so on. The Dell DJ devices use MusicMatch which has no OS X version. So basically, if you have windows then go out, look around, choose the one you like the best. If you have a Mac, then you are kinda stuck if you dont like the iPod as no other manufacturers really care about you*

*this is based on about 10 to 15 minutes of researching devices I know about and may not be 100% true.

Geffy said:
IMO if you have windows and windows only then you pretty much have the pick of the litter so to speak. I saw one of the 20gb Sony devices the other day and it looked quite nice. Granted it uses a proprietary encoding format and its own management software of SonicStage which is Windows only. Creative have yet to release any Mac Drivers or plugins and so on. The Dell DJ devices use MusicMatch which has no OS X version. So basically, if you have windows then go out, look around, choose the one you like the best. If you have a Mac, then you are kinda stuck if you dont like the iPod as no other manufacturers really care about you*

*this is based on about 10 to 15 minutes of researching devices I know about and may not be 100% true.
Actually, you can use the Dell DJ and Pocket DJ in Windows, Linux and OS X.
Linux: http://techbits.ca/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=673
Linux: http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-19-2004/0002177388&EDATE=
OS X: http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/index.html

XNJB (the last site) also adds support for most of Creative's popular devices on OS X.

zeke_mo said:
Just go with a zen micro :p

I would of said that lol but after i had to take one back cause of the ear fone conection was fuked, its happend again on this one now so this one got to go back :eek: s

Sayin that i would of gone with the iRiver H340 :) what i might get now since i had a ipod 4th gen and didnt like it lol :speechless:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back