Ipod Modding

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Head on over to Ipodwizard.net and download Ipod Wizard v1.2. With this tool you can change themes, fonts, and add menue icons for your directories.

Im not real big on writting the the how to, but if you go here

http://www.ipodwizard.net/wiki/index.php/Tutorials

Is all you need to know about the basics in modding your ipod....step by step guides...

Good Luck!!

ipod mod

I heard it might be possible to mod the software on an ipod 2gb so that it will enable it to play video. It is probably not even woth it, but is there any credability to this modding myth??

Thanks for any help

Re: ipod mod

I think that might sit somewhere between "not likely" and "impossible".

I've never heard of such a hack/mod, though the hardware spec behind the nano is probably capable of playing video (power wise), it does not contain the relevant chips/hardware for decoding and displaying video (I believe this to be the Broadcom BCM2722).

Actually, I saw a site last week that showed how to play avi files on the nano... If I find it again I'll let you guys know.

EDIT: Here... It looks like you have to instal ipodlinux -

http://www.tuaw.com/2005/11/23/tuaw-reader-video-video-on-ipod-nano/

I use ipodlinux to play gameboy games on my 4th gen - I never saw an option to play movies, but it could be that it works only on the nano..

Hope this works for you.

Via iPodLinux you can play games and video on almost all iPods (even older monochrome display iPods), however decoding is passed onto the CPU rather than a dedicated video chip.

yeah, it doesn't support compression... you have to use avi files.

I had no clue what I was getting into. That stuff is far more advanced than anything I have attempted.
It looked like they started out writting programs (with what, Msdos?) and then you had to "find" the ipod through what looked like the same program, then upload it....
All this is great. It leads me to a bigger question. How does someone learn to really utilize a computer??? Rather than own an expensive deck of cards????

For example...how do you build an "avitar"?? What do you use to do it with, ext....
ANyways, Im done pondering these life questions. Thanks for the feedback..

Last edited by a moderator:

Np, Actually, I think they have a binary release for the pc as well as mac. This will have an installer that sets it up automatically. On the mac version, I just had to click install and the base os was installed in a few seconds. After that you have to manually install and configure additional modules, but it's doable.

With the new ipod updated not bein a single file, they are now dll's. So when using ipodwizard load the firmware from t he ipod. Once there you can still change the theme, fonts, and menu icons.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back