iPod Mini

SPeedY_B said:
pink feggy.

laugh.gif

Ordered a Mini yesterday... the Silver one with my name engraved on the back. Also ordered the armband with it. Estimated ship date is Feb. 15th, so I will have to be patient! There must be a significant demand for them. Not surprising though. Anyhow, I'm excited! :D

no pink i****eMini for me thanx I think I will stick with my Nomad Zen as its better :D

It's cute you have such an active imagination geffy :p

Muzilkool, I hate you so much right now :D

Don't want, don't care. Happy with my Nomad Muvo2 4gb version.

USB 2.0, 14hr battery life, rechargable while plugged into the USB port.

I sadly feel left out of this dropping big $ on mp3 players thing :( Never even listen to mp3's anymore ...

RazerBack said:
Don't want, don't care. Happy with my Nomad Muvo2 4gb version.

USB 2.0, 14hr battery life, rechargable while plugged into the USB port.
Well gee, thanks for the creative input, it's a real contribution to the thread.

do ipod ship with the usb2 cable yet?, i was rather susprised when me lil m8y got his ipod for xmas and i had to send him my old firewire card so the kid could use it over xmas, shame on crapple mac (no offence to speedys pooter ;))
do they supply a nice case so you can drop it (as i do my zen jukebox on a daily basis)

infact after he took me through what he got i was suprised it came with a recharger...

but of course its ok, cost's more than a creative zen, bad battery as standard, you get less with it, ie half the needed cables and no case, BUT !!!!!!!!1111oneoneone

it has an outdated game built into the display... so that makes the ipod ok i guess
dots.gif

/sarcasm

Geffy said:
well at least he has taste :D
Yeah, bad taste :p

GoNz0, USB is a slow and inferior format compared to firewire anyway, but yes, the iPod Mini comes with a USB2.0 cable, standard 3G White iPods do not.

The battery is merely something that affected 2G iPods, newer, or rather the current generation are not affected, and Apple will replace your battery for a 2G iPod should it fail, this has been previously mentioned in the thread and is a rather petty factor for judging a unit.

Also if you actually looked into it, there's more than just an out-dated game that can be used on the iPod.

Apple doesn't ship USB with iPods because they want to encourage more widespread use of Firewire...and besides, Firewire is better

firewire = mac in the begining ... they are the reason the standard is still around really :)

In the beginning yes, as Apple developed the technology, but Firewire, iLink or whatever you want to call it has been available to x86 machines for a long time, before mp3 players were ever popular.

USB 1.1 = 12mb
USB 2.0 = 480mb
IEEE 1394a / Firewire = 400mb
IEEE 1394b / Firewire800 = 800mb

It's obvious which one is more efficient :) USB has only just managed to catch up with standard firewire, but it's still a loooong way behind FW800. Now, which speed would you prefer to send 4GB of data over? :)

SPeedY_B said:
In the beginning yes, as Apple developed the technology, but Firewire, iLink or whatever you want to call it has been available to x86 machines for a long time, before mp3 players were ever popular.

USB 1.1 = 12mb
USB 2.0 = 480mb
IEEE 1394a / Firewire = 400mb
IEEE 1394b / Firewire800 = 800mb

It's obvious which one is more efficient :) USB has only just managed to catch up with standard firewire, but it's still a loooong way behind FW800. Now, which speed would you prefer to send 4GB of data over? :)
USB 1.1 ?
/me ducks SPeedY_B's attack

hehe *pelts a cake at Xie* half your day would be gone by the time you got to leave the house with your mp3s :p

/me sits back and burns the 4GB to a DVD and sticks the DVD in another machine

:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back