iPod Mini

I think it depends on what you will mostly use it for. I'm going to run/exercise with mine, so I want a small mp3 player... as light as I can get.

If I had a 40GB iPod, and I put songs on it that were, say, 35,000kb each @ 1411 quality, how many songs could I fit on it?

Looks good...especially the silver version :)
But like most others have pointed out, the biggest gripe is the price.

Black-Syth said:
If I had a 40GB iPod, and I put songs on it that were, say, 35,000kb each @ 1411 quality, how many songs could I fit on it?

The way I figure it, close to 1,050. You're talking about loading 35MB songs onto a unit that holds 40,000MB. For a 40GB disk, that's not too great though. I would compress to a 320kbps MP3 if you're wanting quality over quantity. You'd get a lot more songs on there, and you wouldn't notice a difference in quality... especially through headphones.

It ain't bad, but based soley on looks, I woundn't get it either :D

Has been mentioned in this thread, am downloading it now.
One of these new ipods would have been great, but I don't want something that will get fubar.

Iriver products are great. Frequently updated firmware. (limited) vorbis support. Plus they come with sennheiser headphones, which is a step above most portables.

The Rio Karma supports vorbis as well, but I still want a Mini! :)

IRiver will becoming out with the iMP 1000/1100

portable cd/mp3/asf/divx (yes, Divx!)
with TV out

for almost the same price you could get a dell DJ. Sry...i don't think i will be infusing apple with my cash on this one!!

But then you'd be giving dell your money.. and that's just wrong :p

i like my 30gig 3g ipod, it rock the ipod mini. for $50 you can get 10gigs and it only 1/5 smaller than the 3g

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back