iPhone ver 2.1

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Soooo download this if you can. It has TREMENDOUSLY sped up backups. I don't care about the other stuff (still can't seem to pick up 3G consistently) but BACKUPS TAKE LIKE A MINUTE :D

Yah, but no turn by turn still.

Epic Fail !!!

My backups have never been slow, so I'm not seeing any improvement there.

My SMS typing still bugs up sometimes, though it seems to recover, which it never did previously.

I'm very under-impressed with 2.1 ... I want my 1.1.4 back :( :p :D

Whenever typing, if it bugs up, click to go to the home page and then go back to SMS. It always fixes it up for me.

This update has some interesting features but I am not that impressed overall. 3G signal strength is still abysmal.

I updated my iPod Touch yesterday for the first time since I got it, I'm now scrambling round the app store especially where I see the word FREE :laugh:

Whenever typing, if it bugs up, click to go to the home page and then go back to SMS. It always fixes it up for me.

This update has some interesting features but I am not that impressed overall. 3G signal strength is still abysmal.

Be thankful of ANY 3g reception, my town has no coverage at all, I'm stuck with wonderful EDGE... thank gawd for WiFi! :D

I just want an iPhone

Pop down to your local Apple store then. ;) :p

I updated my iPod Touch yesterday for the first time since I got it, I'm now scrambling round the app store especially where I see the word FREE :laugh:

AppStore FTW! The top 25/50 lists are quite handy for finding nice free apps. :)

Yah, 3G is still VERY iffy.

Kudo's to Apple for just changing the parameters which generating the signal strength instead of any actual performance benefits.

Austin has decent 3G coverage, especially downtown and I had 2 bars and very dodgy data speeds. Blah.

But, the speed of the backups is AWESOME. I remember I used to spend ages. Now, after the initial backup which took about 2 mins, it takes mere seconds :)

Btw, I wonder if any other phone has been patched this much in this short a period of time and STILL does not meet the minimum standards it set for itself?

I just jailbroke 2.1 and waiting for re-sync right now. Interested to see if this speeds anything up for me. I never had an issue w/ super slow backups like SPeedY_B mentioned. I'm guessing all of you with slow backups probably have alot of AppStore apps? I've really not touched the AppStore at all since jailbreaking 2.0.

Just throwing it out there, but I know people who had problems with long backup times found their problem was using a USB hub, or any other method not involving a direct connection to their machine.

I don't think the amount of apps counts towards anything, just counted 23, and as I said, never had a problem (Thankfully :))

Just throwing it out there, but I know people who had problems with long backup times found their problem was using a USB hub, or any other method not involving a direct connection to their machine.

I don't think the amount of apps counts towards anything, just counted 23, and as I said, never had a problem (Thankfully :))

Just throwing it out there, besides the issue with 3G reception strength (not the new, "upgraded" signal strength indicator, but the actual, weak reception which still exists), the backup issue was the next biggest one.

Some backups for me took longer than 30 minutes. I typically cancelled my backups when they started because it was a useless waste of time.

Now, they take mere seconds and everyone but a few people online who had the same problems before are reporting the exact same thing.

It was an obvious bug.

Btw, out of curiosity, how much storage space do you guys have? I have about 3 gigs free at the moment.

I have a lot more free now that I have been using SimplifyMedia :smoker:

That is one of the coolest apps so far... and it's FREE :D

Wow.. that is way cool Saz..

edit: I'd give you rep but I must spread some around..

Yah, I didn't even know about the app till earlier this week and I have been rockin it :D

It is pretty decent even on Edge, but flies when I am on WiFi or 3G.

Sounds cool, believe a few different versions exist for jailbroken phones, as well as an iTunes alternative called dTunes.

Soooooo... apparently after I reset my phone today (installed Flycast, another excellent application) 3G is now working and working well.

No drops, no major loss of signal and all apps are working properly. Pandora is a beast right now :D

I have the fastest backup ... it simply fails. The sync still completes though and Itunes pops up a little error.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back