Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I hope so, but not sure yet

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Definitely

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Wait to see how it functions in the "real world", then decide

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
I thought about buying one and throwing it out the window into on coming traffic.

but then changed your mind cos of the two year contract that comes with it ?

While I am a big fan of smartphones and happy to see people get one, this isn't really a smartphone is it?

I would buy it off contract. I love my 8525 and I won't give it up until they (AT&T) come out with a new HTC device.

However, I gave up on my dreams of dismantling an iPhone because I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

Lastly, there is nothing "smart" about it.

I would have considered it if they supported my current provider (Alltel) and if the hard drive would have been big enough to make my new 80gb iPod obsolete. It seems pointless to pay that much and still have to carry an iPhone and an iPod around just to bring all my music with me...

If the state of Windows Mobile devices with Macs was better maybe not, but as it stands I would like to have a PDA which would sync with my laptop and not crash or fail every other attempt.

Wow, what a constructive bunch of comments here...

First of all, the early adopters of the iPhone should be people who have a lot of extra money to spend however they want. I will not, nor do I recommend that the average consumer, purchase the first-generation iPhone. Many of the problems/issues that are bound to present themselves can be fixed through the software, which is great -- but a good point that Techno Child brings up is tied to hardware, which cannot be easily changed.

In my opinion, the biggest question is how the soft keys are really going to work. I think it's great that Apple has taken a risk and developed a smart phone with no physical buttons. Will it succeed and be functional as designed? We'll have to see, but I'm not going to spend $500 to find out. There is some amazing technology in the iPhone, but if it's not functional as a phone itself then it's not worth it.

Ultimately, I think the iPhone is very, very good for the industry regardless of whether it succeeds or fails. Innovation drives innovation and results in better and more innovative products for us to choose from. We are already seeing the development of iPhone-like devices from other manufacturers, so somebody is bound to make it work. I won't buy a first-generation iPhone, though -- I'm actually not big on buying a first-generation anything.

The idea is good, but it is basically a PDA that functions as a phone. No more, no less. It is only innovative in so far as Apple is touting it as such.

There are plenty of other products on the market that provide EXCELLENT solutions for all facets of usage.

A snazzy ad campaign does not a great product make. Look @ safari for example. No matter how great and fast it is proclaimed to be, the product is a dud.

The idea is good, but it is basically a PDA that functions as a phone. No more, no less. It is only innovative in so far as Apple is touting it as such.

Been using O2 XDA since 2004 and XDA Orbit. Phone & PDA as u mentioned with memory expansion on MicroSD card to store data, photos and mp3s. :)

^ To be fair, Safari is still in beta mate.

The iPhone is like one super sexy PDA. What's there not to like? :p

If you don't see innovation in the iPhone then you aren't looking closely enough. I don't consider it Bread 2.0, but it addresses existing functionalities from a completely new angle.

^ To be fair, Safari is still in beta mate.

I remember IE7, FF2 and FF3 in beta too :)

I remember issues, I don't remember being frustrated by them. Nor do I remember them claiming to be the most amazing thing ever, either.

The iPhone is like one super sexy PDA. What's there not to like? :p

It looks good, no doubt. There are many other phone products that look great and some nice looking PDA's as well.

What's not to like? I'm not a big fan of proprietary crap.

I was strongly considering buying one, regardless, till some of the details leaked out over the past week or so.

I refuse to use iTunes on my system anymore and Safari sucks so I may not be able to synch the phone properly.

I changed my mind! I am going to buy one and ship it to Iraq! Maybe it'll cheer them up. If not, they will blow it up and all will be well.

Nor do I remember them claiming to be the most amazing thing ever, either.

You got Apple there...

It looks good, no doubt. There are many other phone products that look great and some nice looking PDA's as well.

What's not to like? I'm not a big fan of proprietary crap.

I was strongly considering buying one, regardless, till some of the details leaked out over the past week or
I refuse to use iTunes on my system anymore and Safari sucks so I may not be able to synch the phone properly.
Admittedly I haven't read into any of the details yet because I wasn't planning on buying one anyway.

But it's so pretty :yowch:

I changed my mind! I am going to buy one and ship it to Iraq! Maybe it'll cheer them up. If not, they will blow it up and all will be well.

Haha :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back