News iPhone 4, Pre-Order Yours Today ... But Only In Black??

I'm not the only person who's disappointed that the new iPhone 4 can only be pre-ordered in black, I've seen many Twitter updates from individuals, blogging sites, etc who have expressed their disappointment.

What gives Steve? Why isn't there a white iPhone 4 available for pre-order
"White will be available at a later date" When?

I'm not going to pay $199 or even $299 for an iPhone and not get what I want.

Attachments

• iPhone.JPG
    iPhone.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
One fluster cluck after another for AT&T and Apple

Attachments

• ATT Sys down.bmp
    922 KB · Views: 197
I have an iPhone 3G (bought from another person so I'm not roped into the data plan HA!).

I'm within my upgrade period, but I'm still on the fence. I wish both of these companies would quit engaging in what is paramount to price fixing...you can't escape both companies (Verizon and AT&T) charging you for a data plan. It's like going to a grocery store, buying bread, and then having them shove some overpriced, lousy brand of lunch meat in your bag and saying "Well you can't have bread without lunch meat".

if you don't mind my asking.... why exactly would you want a smartphone without a data plan? You're getting so much less use out of the phone without it.

Ship day is July 4th if you already pre-ordered .. if not new day is July 14th. :)

* I'm waiting for a sexy Android phone and my contract to be up

Those droids are nice. I really want one. But am not sure just yet - The Iphone kicks some serious butt though. Of course I will probably change my mind when I go to get it. lol ...

I have an iPhone 3G (bought from another person so I'm not roped into the data plan HA!).

I'm within my upgrade period, but I'm still on the fence. I wish both of these companies would quit engaging in what is paramount to price fixing...you can't escape both companies (Verizon and AT&T) charging you for a data plan. It's like going to a grocery store, buying bread, and then having them shove some overpriced, lousy brand of lunch meat in your bag and saying "Well you can't have bread without lunch meat".

Go with sprint. They fairly good as far as price goes.

if you don't mind my asking.... why exactly would you want a smartphone without a data plan? You're getting so much less use out of the phone without it.

I have an eleven minute commute to work. At work, I work. When I'm at home, I have my computers and wifi. On the rare occasion that I'm traveling and for some reason I MUST have the internet (so far has been never thanks to Goog411 and/or Navigon MobileNavigator), I'll pull into the parking lot of a Taco Bell or a Starbucks...or just eat the $1.35 worth of data that I need.

And don't get me started on the data plan pricing...WAIT ITS TOO LATE! I'M STARTED! $25 for up to 2GB of data is an exorbitant amount of money to charge. That is $600 for up to 48GB of data over the course of the contract ($12.50+ per GB used). Or worse, if you get the $15 for 200 MB, it's for $360 for 4.8 GB of data over the same period ($75+ per GB used).

I can't believe it's even legal to force you to buy one of those plans.

I have an eleven minute commute to work. At work, I work. When I'm at home, I have my computers and wifi. On the rare occasion that I'm traveling and for some reason I MUST have the internet (so far has been never thanks to Goog411 and/or Navigon MobileNavigator), I'll pull into the parking lot of a Taco Bell or a Starbucks...or just eat the $1.35 worth of data that I need.

And don't get me started on the data plan pricing...WAIT ITS TOO LATE! I'M STARTED! $25 for up to 2GB of data is an exorbitant amount of money to charge. That is $600 for up to 48GB of data over the course of the contract ($12.50+ per GB used). Or worse, if you get the $15 for 200 MB, it's for $360 for 4.8 GB of data over the same period ($75+ per GB used).

I can't believe it's even legal to force you to buy one of those plans.

With this new "smartphone" era I'd like to be able to buy a phone with ONLY data and not have to buy a voice package. I think voice is almost dead and that is why data is seeing price adjustments now.

Last edited:
Yea..... but you can't text message a business. e-mailing them wouldn't really warrant an extremely fast response if they even have an e-mail address available. Few places do online reservations. contacting customer service could be a royal pain.....

Highly doubt voice is anywhere NEAR dead. The only thing that warranted the price adjustment as far as i can tell is the availability of tethering. unlimited data use for a tethered phone could get rather brutal on a carrier's network.

the thing with it, though, is that you can get the cheapest talk plan with the unlimited data and get skype for the phone. And your unlimited calling is taken care of ...

Not necessarily. Looking at the info for the Skype iPhone app right now....

Call your skype contacts wherever you may be - either on 3G or WiFi. It's completely free to call people on Skype over WiFi, and free on 3G until the end of 2010.

So... yeah. And even if that weren't the case.... if it weren't for my wireless network, i wouldn't be able to use Skype at my house (And before you say use the home phone... don't have one).... nor would i be able to use it within like 5-10 miles of my house. Think just about the entire county where i live isn't within 3G's grasp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back