iPhone 3G

I would love to have one but am not switching providers

that to me is the number one complaint, the other two which are now addressed weren't nearly as important as far as I am concerned

now that windows is going to have hardware that seems as good I won't have to want for the iphone

Ugh! My co-worker and I constantly talk about this iPhone 3G and how many features it has to offer, I mean check it out, GPS, Music, Phone, Internet, and the list goes on and on and with the possibilities of creating your own software with the SDK. It is just by far the best cell phone product out on the market.

Where else, product-wise, will you find a gadget that has all this to offer? I am currently on Verizon right now and own the VX9900 (enV) which is really just dying on me =( and in all honesty it is beginning to piss me off mainly because the charging port is now really loose, its a f*ck!ng battle trying to get this thing charged. Not only that but I get almost no service in my household which makes me think twice about VZW. Its like my phone and my siblings phones get reception whenever they damn feel like, its annoying! I am not here to rant on and on about my current cell provider but these little things are beginning to make me want to switch to AT&T. I heard someone say that AT&T is not that great in SOCAL (LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE BEFORE I SWITCH). My plan is to wait until Nov of this year when my contract ends to make my switch therefore I will avoid the ETF and be released from these shackles that is VZW.

For starters, VZW's current cell phone lineup is crap with the exception of the soon to be released DARE but even that cell phone does not compare to the capabilities of the iPhone 3G. There is nothing else I want more than an iPhone 3G with all its glory and goodness. Now has anyone heard of the possibility of jailbreaking these bad boys yet because that would be awesome?

My two cents....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh! My co-worker and I constantly talk about this iPhone 3G and how many features it has to offer, I mean check it out, GPS, Music, Phone, Internet, and the list goes on and on and with the possibilities of creating your own software with the SDK.
all smart phones have those features, every one of them, there isn't anything the Iphone can do that my windows phone can't do except for possibly picture resizing, there are tons of things my windows can do that up till this new version the iphone could not, the iphone has a bigger screen and some smoother interface but as far as features, windows has more programs you can add, you can also develope your own software and the windows can do just about everything the iphone can do

2 megapixel camera with no flash and no video recording

Still no MMS (picture messaging)

NO Copy and Paste.

Still no voice dialling.

Restricted Bluetooth.

No secondary camera for video calling

forced to use Itunes

i think ill stick to my n95 8gb ;) about the only good thing about the iphone is its touch interface.. the rest is nothing great

you seen the battery life compared to the n95 doing all the same things?

... and it also opens up to 3rd-party application development -- solving the two greatest complaints about the first iPhone.

A related service that was also announced is MobileMe. Check out the guided tour video, it's quite impressive.
These things are added with the iPhone 2.0 software/firmware update not the iPhone 3G. So these will also be available for all original iPhone users as well. Only thing 1st gen miss out on is 3G & GPS stuff, but I can live without. :)

you seen the battery life compared to the n95 doing all the same things?

yeh n95 aint very good, the bigger battery & other optimizations in the n95 8gb is better...
also what happens when you need to replace the battery in an iphone? send it back to appleand get even more ripped off?

Only thing 1st gen miss out on is 3G & GPS stuff, but I can live without. :)

You say that without ever experiencing, quite simply it is like going from dialup to broadband. Why you wouldn't miss that on the original I don't know? Some people are perfectly happy with their dialup service.

Meh. Argue amongst yourselves, I'll be getting one. My current-gen iPhone is fantastic enough, and with the extra goodies thrown in, I can't really say no :D

I just seen the canadian prices for it, in terms of a plan and all. There is no way I can get one no matter how much I want one, it would basically come to $90/month, while right now i am paying $25, so No deal. ARG

You say that without ever experiencing, quite simply it is like going from dialup to broadband. Why you wouldn't miss that on the original I don't know? Some people are perfectly happy with their dialup service.
I know it's probably a hell of alot faster, but it's not going to get me to upgrade. If I need the speed I use WiFi. :) My post was more to point out most of the "features" that were listed in this thread are coming via software/firmware upgrade while only the speed boost of 3G and GPS require a hardware upgrade.

If however I didn't already have an iPhone I'd be sold for sure on the iPhone 3G.

Geffy - O2 were great for me when I lived in the UK. Really couldn't complain with their service at all. :)

BMan - I just moved to New Brunswick. I've been biding my time before getting a phone so I might get an iPhone, but it seems you might be right. $90 is just silly. :(

i think ill stick to my 16g first gen iphone. The 3g version is supposedly all plastic instead of the glass/aluminum backing found on the generation 1.

I have to say ... the first gen is pretty much bulletproof... ive had mine now since early january and have dropped the thing a few hundred times and still works like a dream. I throw the thing in my pocket with keys and change .... have even sat on it ... still goes and goes ... sure the back has a few wear marks ..but no dings or dents .... no cracks.

I cant imagine one being plastic and being able to take all the abuse. I personally dont care about 3g as its really still too small to use for anything that really needs the speed ... ill stick to using the net with wireless home networks ..or starbucks or whatever.

If you really need the GPS ... you got problems anyway haha ... the finder this one has is plenty good.

Now if they made a 32g version ... id be down for it i think...or if they made MMS available without any hitches (it is possible to get mms on the iphone) then again id be down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back