iPhone 3G

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I'm surprised there isn't a mention of this around here yet. Apple announced the iPhone 3G yesterday, which goes on sale July 11th. Pricing is a major change at $199 for the 8GB and $299 for the 16GB. Of course it operates on the faster 3G network, and it also opens up to 3rd-party application development -- solving the two greatest complaints about the first iPhone.

Anyone considering the iPhone 3G that didn't want the first iPhone?

A related service that was also announced is MobileMe. Check out the guided tour video, it's quite impressive.

$200 is sex.

The "friend locater" feature is going to be awesome.

I was pretty much sold yesterday, then my dad comes home and throws an iPod classic at me. :p So I'll probably not get it now.

I am looking forward to purchasing one. The reason it may not have been mentioned is because it is not on sale yet. Apple is definitely going to reach their goal of selling 10 million units before the end of this year. They sold 6 million iPhone 1.x's to date, so another 4 million, with 70 countries of availability ...

Apple has changed the cell phone business, and looking at the new product, and watching Steve's presentation it will continue to do so for years to come. I am happy they added in ActiveSync support, many a company will now be more than happy to purchase iPhones for employees over Blackberry's.

I have played with the SDK and I have to say it is an absolute blast to program in. There are things that were showcased though, which I could NEVER imagine writing on a mobile app. How long until we see GTA for the iPhone? The medical programs they showcased were absolutely awesome as well. Apple seems to have a device and SDK on their hands that allows the enterprise to do exactly what they need to do, from a mobile device.

From a network security perspective, I am really happy they chose to implement VPN right on the phone, along with a host of other options for the enterprise. The remote wipe feature has been part of Blackberry's for a while now, and is an awesome way to protect information that may be stored on the phone. Contacts, emails and others. I just hope that all the third party libraries they use in the making of OS X for the iPhone have been properly updated and are not vulnerable to any exploits right out of the gate.

Apple needs to take security vulnerabilities more serious and start working with the community at large. To date they have not really done so, and it has pissed many security researchers off, people who only wanted one line of credit, but instead got none.

The iPhone 3G, I want one, and I will get one. Maybe. It depends on how much AT&T wants for a subscription with unlimited data transfer.

$200 is sex.

The "friend locater" feature is going to be awesome.

I was pretty much sold yesterday, then my dad comes home and throws an iPod classic at me. :p So I'll probably not get it now.

That is because he is getting an iPhone, he decided you should have an iPod classic. He wants to for once have the latest and greatest gadget. Don't fall for it!

I can't wait to get one, I will be getting one for sure. There are many reasons why I wanted one in the first place and now even more!

the GPS could be better than the gps on my n95 as long as the battery will last :)

iPhone 2 has caught my eye :)

Nobody cares. HTC > Apple.

I'm on Verizon and so I can't get the iPhone. I'd buy the HTC Diamond if it didn't cost $600-$800. That's absurd for a phone, and I thought the original $600 for the iPhone was ridiculous when it first came out, too.

I really like the look of the iPhone 3G but I was so disappointed to find that there's still no proper video recording ability! That may well prevent me from getting one as the video footage on my N95 is brilliant and I don't want to lose that feature.

Also, 16GB is nowhere near big enough for my music, if I wanted to replace my iPod 60GB with an iPhone.

If they released a 32GB version with good quality video recording then I'd be there like a shot but as it stands I might end up waiting for the 3rd version of the iPhone.

It's a shame because I got quite excited when I first saw the specs and price of the iPhone 3G!

I really like the look of the iPhone 3G but I was so disappointed to find that there's still no proper video recording ability! That may well prevent me from getting one as the video footage on my N95 is brilliant and I don't want to lose that feature.

Also, 16GB is nowhere near big enough for my music, if I wanted to replace my iPod 60GB with an iPhone.

If they released a 32GB version with good quality video recording then I'd be there like a shot but as it stands I might end up waiting for the 3rd version of the iPhone.

It's a shame because I got quite excited when I first saw the specs and price of the iPhone 3G!

I don't mind the small amount of space, because I will have a Zune or another Ipod. The iphone will be used for being a phone, and internet and that stuff. I will have some music on there just to have.

I''ll wait for the price drop.

There is no way this phone is going to drop anymore in price. It is just not possible. The components in the phone (3G support, GPS, tilt sensors, touch screen) alone are worth WAY more than $199, the only reason Apple can sell them for so low is that they are being subsidised by the phone companies.

If you want a cheap phone, please go look at them, and then compare them feature wise to the iPhone.

I'll be getting one I know that. Its everything the N95 is but with two things, a bigger screen and battery life.

I'll probably get the 8GB version as I've already got a 160GB iPod Classic.

I am thinking about it. BUT no MMS? Record Video? :( Right?

I have the Q9m and am thinking about making the switch over.

OT - anyone have the Touch for vzw? That is another option...

The HTC Diamond wouldn't be compatible with Verizon's current network. It's not even compatible with AT&T or T-Mobile (on the 850 band) and there is no US 3G. The US version of the Diamond is rumored to be available in September.

I purchased the Touch Dual and find it okay. The soft keyboard will take sometime to get used to. I'll probably go back and forth between my TyTN II and Touch Dual.

I will never buy another AT&T branded phone because of the bloat they preinstall on the phones. I will only buy HTC branded devices.

It's a good price and all and the phone does have some great features, but AT&T is not a good feature by any stretch. So I will stick with Verizon and my LG Voyager, for now.

AT&T sucks over here, isn't there a 5 year exclusivity deal with At&T regarding the iphone? So even if They released the iphone into the wild, by that time it would still be locked to At&T's network.

After the initial run on the iphone, watch at&t will offer an even greater rebate, becuase they get you on the package that costs more than the wireless package.

Fortunately O2 is pretty decent as far as I know, but then I've been an Orange customer since my first mobile and I've become tired of their excuse for data packages and shoddy data service.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back