ipconfig

5ybarite

I have an ADSL connection to the net via a 5 port linksys hub which I know works. I also know that my comp is hitting the hub. the problem is that I need to do an inconfig/release but I don't seem to have administrative rights to do this. Anyone know a work around? I would format/reinstall but I can't see the C when I boot from A. Help to either prob would be invaluable. Thanks.

reboot

if you reboot, it will do the same thing as ipconfig...

as for the "I can't see the C when I boot from A", i am not sure what you mean.

for some reason that didn't do the trick. I rebooted a few times, but to no avail.

The other thing I was talking about was that I could not see the c:\ when I tried to boot from a boot disk (a:\) I could only see the CD drive for some reason. Any idea about that? Thanks,

hey there!!!

you cant see your hard drive because it is an NTFS volume..which FAT wont recognize as a legitimate volume.... you should check out:

http://www.winternals.com/

for more information about this..and what you can do to "see" your hard drive again. Essentially what you need is an NTFS boot disk... I'm really hoping you had the opportunity to create a set of ERD's for you pc...

anyway...hope this helps..

~n
:D

Did you manually set the IP/DNS/Subnet?

If you did, change it to DHCP.

ipconfig stuff...

Right deja..... DHCP should work... question is does he have admin rights to change it..??

If its a linksys hub/router - isn't there away to manage it through IE???

by typing 192.168.1.1 in my address bar..i have always been able to manually adjust settings for my router at home.... don't know if your's is setup that way, but it might work....

and of course, reboot..and see what happens.. also, if your hub/router has a reset button, try that as well.

any suggestion??? i'd be interested in knowing myself how you resolve this...

good luck!!

~n:D

About booting from A and not being able to see the c:\ drive, you should boot from the WinXP CD.

Pete

Try opening the LAN card connection from the Network Connections area and click the "Repair" button. It does the same thing as release/renew.

JJB6486r

if you are trying to reset your linksys...

I am not sure if you need to reset you router but if you do not know the admin password to the router then push the little reset button on the router itself, this will set the router back to the default config.

then when you access the router (via I.E. and typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar then you only need to leave the username blank in the router config and the password is Admin.

Then you should be able to reset your linksys router settings.

If you need to reset your settings on your puter-- well, listen to the other guys :D

Fixed!

:D

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help and advice. Turns out it was a DHCP problem and I just needed to adjust the TCP/IP to optain an IP automatically verses using the static one. Thanks again for your help. ~Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back