News iPad Release Dates

iPad Released

Apple's iPad will be available April 3rd in the United States while users in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK will have to wait until later this month.

Wi-Fi models of the tablet-style computer will go on sale April 3rd while models with Wi-Fi and 3G networks will be released later in the month.

Prices start at $499 for the 16-gigabyte version, $599 for the 32-gig version and $699 for the 64 gig version.

:source: Source: CNN

Last edited:
I got a chance to check out one at work today (someone got one last night). The thing is VERY sexy. I was on the fence from all the video I've seen of it, holding it in my hand and using it made me really want one. Anyone that hasn't already should go to an Apple store and hold/use one. :)

I would say that anything over the base 16GB/WiFi one would be overkill though.

Not convienced by the ipad 100% - it feels more like a technoligcal gap between a laptop and something more useful. Its the lack of USB ports and low battery power that let it down for me but I guess its good for those with silly amounts of cash who like gadgets.

I'm not anti-apple as a whole, as I like the apple macs and iphones, just don't see the point of the ipad apart from being a stepping stone to something greater (think ipad 2)

Not convienced by the ipad 100% - it feels more like a technoligcal gap between a laptop and something more useful. Its the lack of USB ports and low battery power that let it down for me but I guess its good for those with silly amounts of cash who like gadgets.

I'm not anti-apple as a whole, as I like the apple macs and iphones, just don't see the point of the ipad apart from being a stepping stone to something greater (think ipad 2)

What do you mean by "low battery power"? It can run upwards of 10+hrs I've heard. Also if you haven't held one you should. Your also coming at it from the wrong angle, it's NOT a computer, don't compare it to that. Its an entertainment device/appliance (ie. - TV).

A
What do you mean by "low battery power"? It can run upwards of 10+hrs I've heard. Also if you haven't held one you should. Your also coming at it from the wrong angle, it's NOT a computer, don't compare it to that. Its an entertainment device/appliance (ie. - TV).

I think you are making a good point calling it an entertainment device/appliance. However Apple insisted that the major reason to introduce iPad as a line of product is because it is "better than laptop, better than smartphone". What I believe Dublex is trying to say is that iPad, being a mulit-purpose device, lacks features of laptop, and at the same time doesn't have such mobility (in terms of battery life) as more specific-purpose devices like Kindle.

I have made a post on blogger with detailed critique of what I believe is wrong with iPad (Techno Trash Talk: The iPad).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back