Ip

C

Captmatrix

Can someone give my the ip address of this site...? "www.rhinolined.com"...

-Thanks

They do not have a reverse setup, meaning no IP is available. The name servers are as listed below:

DNS1.RHINOLINED.COM 63.90.53.10
DNS2.RHINOLINED.COM 63.90.53.11

Thread was moved to "Networking, Internet & Intranet"

OK,

So this is the "host" right...? what would be the way I could gain access to the ftp...? (in order to upload files?) I have both a user name and a password.

Try to connect/FTP to RHINOLINED.COM. If that doesn't work I would contact them directly, or the person you got the username/password from. Good luck.

Well,

I am upgrading this guys webpage. He gave me a "host"... (same # you found for the server) and a user name and password. Im assuming this is all I need. My question is, what do I do with the "host #"...? Is it like an ip address...?

An IP address is the reverse of the hostname. In most cases each hostname (such as xp-erience.org) has a reverse (the IP address). If you have a hostname, use that to connect to. The only need for the IP address is for the name server and other various reasons.

Host Name: www.rhinolined.com
IP Address: 63.90.53.10

Registrant:
Rhino Linings USA, Inc. (RHINOLINED2-DOM)
9151 Rehco Rd
San Diego, CA 92121
US

Host Name is the DNS translation of the IP address and viceversa.

Use ftp to connect either to the host or the Ip address (it's just the same) and provide your username and password to gain access.
Type this in Internet Explorer or in any ftp enabled browser:
ftp://www.rhinolined.com
or
ftp://63.90.53.10
or
ftp://myusername:mypassword@www.rhinolined.com[/url]
or
ftp://myusername:mypassword@63.90.53.10

same thing always, last two examples would provide also access credentials to ftp connection

Ok, I uderstand...

So should I use software to do this...? Like Fetch...? In addition does the host name have any thing else to it? or just the number by itself...?

BTW, thanks for all the help

Originally posted by Captmatrix

So should I use software to do this...? Like Fetch...?
Any ftp program will do (cute ftp, ws_ftp...), you can also use Internet Explorer to upload files by drag/drop files into the browser window (after connection is established)

In addition does the host name have any thing else to it? or just the number by itself...?
what do you mean?! host name (www) and ip address (what you call *number*) are just the same thing, use what you feel best with

GREAT..! Im in....! THANKS!

What ftp program do you like...? I heard "fetch" was good..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back