IP Fowarding; DMZ and FTP Server...need help please.

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Hi there!

I just set up a Serv-U FTP server. However; I am having difficulties connecting.

Here is the deal:

If I ask my computer what it's IP adress is; it tells me 192.168.1.100 as the local IP adress. The real thing; however; is most likely 24.193.35.23

Now; if I enter the adress on the FTP server; as being 192.168.1.100, I will be able to connect to myself via cute FTP; however; other people seem to be unable to. If I put my adress as 24.193.35.23, in the FTP server settings; and in cute FTP; it will not connect. The port I am running on is 21.

I'v been told to DMZ; but I don't want to do that; at all. I want my firewall.

My router is a Linksys BEFSR41.

http://192.168.1.1/

That's the router set up page. Now if I go to advanced; and fowarding; I'm stuck there; I don't know what to put into the fields. Would someone please explain to me how this works; and help me?

Thanks a LOT;

Nick

So when I give out my FTP server IP; which one should I give?

And also; in serv u properties; what should I put in for Domain IP adress?

I'v attached a picture of what I did; please take a look.

Yes, that's right.

When you give out your FTP IP to others, tell them 24.193.35.23

Wanna try connecting to it then?

24.193.35.23 Port 21
User- xperience
pass- org

And yet the server is online. Any suggestions anyone?

well maybe you could try a different port

a friend was using serv-u ....she had mega probs with it so i set up Bulletproof for her and it worked fine

Is there any other application then Serv-u that will allow me to set up an FTp server then?

Are you listening on the right machine... I have the same exact setup and I dont have a problem. I will be able to help more when I get home @ 11pm est

I have G6 (BulletProof) FTP server set up at home behind my Linux router. I have port 21 forwarded to my internal IP (192.168.1.101 in my case). It works flawlessly except if the client is also behind a router.

I can't connect to your IP btw. You may have to restart the router if you are unlucky.

Zedric; that did it.

Resetting my router. Why didn't I think of that?!

Now all works fine.

D'OH I was too late... I got busy today and didnt have a chance to post... <bad PseudoKiller bad>

Nah it's cool. I bet I'll have more problems soon; so I'll post back here :)

Thanks for the offer though
and thank you to everyone :p

"Never underestimate the power of reb00ting."

Glad you fixed it! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back