IP Addresses

B

bmorrissey51

Not sure if this is legal, but I am looking for a way to mask my IP address from people. I don't really want people finding out what it is at all...is this even possible? Such as a program or something?

use a proxy ... but when you connect to certian things it will still show your true ip ...

What is the deal with everyone wanting to hide their IP's all of a sudden? This must be the third time I've seen this question this week.

You can use a proxy, but remember the first rule of using the internet - No matter what you do someone is probably watching:happy:

It all depends on what you want to mask your IP from.
You can't just change your ip, it has been assigned to your by your isp, weather permenant or leased for 2 hours (eg dialup) or more.
The simple fact is that it's impossible to genuinelly hide your ip, you can hide it from websites, IRC servers, Mail servers, and so on, but even then all you're doing is using someone else's computer, therefore passing YOUR ip to a second computer, and the second computers IP to the server you are connecting to.
Someone having your IP is NOT a security risk (woo, how many people are gonna correct me on this.....), unless you are running some sort of service or deamon, then they're not going to "hack" you or anything like that, they may try DoS/DDoS, but thats only if you've pissed someone off, whereby, you deserve it.
I'm just tired of paranoid people. bleh.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back