Iomega Cdrw 24x10x40

M

MUSTANGPC

I recently purchased an Iomega CDRW 24x10x40 (Liteon version) not even on their website - it refuses to read some of my CDs. I found the clone ones have problem being detected by this CDRW. Whats the problems here, anybody know? Someone said that I need to install some kind of a firmware!! By the way, this one only reads NERO and does not work with ROXIO.
Any help is appreciated.

Remeber, the Iomega drives are rebadged Plextors

What do you mean it is the Liteon version? Does the box say "Burn Proof" on it? If it does, just read all the posts and fixes about Plextor drives and just insert Iomega where it says Plextor. You can even flash the firmware on a Iomega with Plextor updates. In fact, any burner that says it uses "Burn-Proof" technology was made by Plextor. They hold the patent on it. For instance, Creative. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I know this was fact a few months ago.
As to your problem with Roxio, have you applied the patch to fix it's problem with XP? Also, have you done the ASPI Layer update on XP? You need to do both or nothing will work right.

IOMEGA CDRW

In the Far-East there are two version of Iomega 24x10x40 CDRW. One with Pleaxtor and the other with Liteon hardware. Of the two, Liteon is the cheaper version and includes NERO software. It will not accept ROXIO but Plextor will. The Liteon version is not 'burn-proof' and the street price is around US$86. By the way, both versions are not on Iomega website. I hope this will clear the confusion.:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back