Interview for a new job.

Just got out of an interview for a new job in project management for a major airline. It went really well but sometimes it hard to tell with the interviewer. She said out of her 3 applicants she liked my background the best however the other two have experience with the company directly. So who knows how it will go. It’s about 10k more a year I am making with my current company, but its contract with a 6 month contract with intent to hire after. They like to sample before they buy however I am really nervous about this lol.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
oh god.. not another "I had a job interview" thread :) :p

Good luck :)

edit: OH THE DRAMA!

so.. when do you expect to hear anything?

edit2: and if you get the job, when are you going to get free tickets to all OSNN members for a meet-up in Vegas?

lol I should know by tomorrow. However I hope mine turns out better than the others.

And I will get free tickets which would be badass but they would be standby. And i coudnt get my girlfriend one as we arent married yet. hehe

RubberChicken

OSNN Newbie
Good Luck but if they extent you an offer for the job make sure it is for you! You are going to be there for a while.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Hehe - if you really want it I hope you fair better than I did

And damn you Fitzy for bringing up painful memories :lick:

If i dont get it KcnyChief we can have a good swearing yell together. lol

Im not banking on it just because i dont want to be let down. Im a bit scared of the job itself its someone what new in the fact that Project managment would be the only thing i would be doing.

Beh.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Online drunken madness to drown our sorrows ftw!! :D

Good luck m8

RubberChicken

OSNN Newbie
what would your duties be as a project manager i.e. do know any specific projects that you would be managing?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
So when should we throw the "loser party" for Derek and Sean? :laugh:

Just kidding, good luck and I hope you get it! ;)

LOL I should know by the end of the day... The only nice thing about this is that if i dont get it i still have a job. Beats the hell out of being rejected when your unemployeed lol .

It was between you and another candidate and she went with the other candidate due to the airline experience he had. ***** did stress it was a tough decision for her. She may have another opportunity opening in her department and if it is approved she would like to consider you for this position. I also received a heads up from another manager regarding a PM position. When I have the details I will follow up with you.
Well I guess thats bad news mixed with good news.However, it still kinda bums me out. Oh well you win some you lose some.

Come on kcnychief lets both go home and get trashed.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Pretty much the same response I got, I was told I gave a good interview and it was a tough choice but the person who has been here longer got it.

It's cool though, he deserved it and I'm happy now :)

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
LOL :p

Dude, I'm sure you've got plenty more offers coming down the road.

IF i could just finish my damn degree I would lol. Damn having to pay bills and go to school. I just wanted a 3rd fortune 500 company on my resume. hehe

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2mytru