• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

internet video file problem

Lawman82

I see bad people
I install vista, and only have one problem can't watch mpg or wmv file from the internet, has anyone run into this problem, and how did you connect it.

Lawman82

I see bad people
KC, these are files opened from internet sites, like gamespot, News sites, just about all sites, I thought it maybe the java I was using so I update it. The program will download but when it starts the viewer is scrambled, you will see some movement but not able to view it. I think the viewer is microsoft's.

Lawman82

I see bad people
I'm using Yahoo on some sites and firefox on others, I have seen where IE, didn't work either. LA, how's Vista 64 working for you?

Vista 64 and >4GB is what everyone should be using :)

It's a dream :D

Only drawback is that creatives drivers crap out on 3GB or more of RAM. I have 24bit 192Khz static out of my X-Fi. The onboard audio for the evga board though is amazing. I'm waiting to see if Auzentech have fixed this bug or if I should grab an Asus Xonar instead though.

Lawman82

I see bad people
LA, I'm using 32 right now, so far this has been the only problem, checked the security on board nothing I could find also. I'm still thinking about getting Vista 64, just thought it may not be getting there driver together.

Psyborg

google addict
Political User
well after installing a k-lite codec pack on vista some of my internet video files, wmv, mpeg, stopped opening, instead i'd get an error page in IE. Have you tried:

Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set Default Programs.

Then go to windows media player and "set this program as default"

Lawman82

I see bad people
well after installing a k-lite codec pack on vista some of my internet video files, wmv, mpeg, stopped opening, instead i'd get an error page in IE. Have you tried:

Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set Default Programs.

Then go to windows media player and "set this program as default"
Thanks Psyborg, I was beginning to think no one else ever had this problem, will give that a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown