internet video file problem

Lawman82

I see bad people
I install vista, and only have one problem can't watch mpg or wmv file from the internet, has anyone run into this problem, and how did you connect it.

What is the player it's trying to use, and do you get any errors when trying to watch them?

KC, these are files opened from internet sites, like gamespot, News sites, just about all sites, I thought it maybe the java I was using so I update it. The program will download but when it starts the viewer is scrambled, you will see some movement but not able to view it. I think the viewer is microsoft's.

I'm using Yahoo on some sites and firefox on others, I have seen where IE, didn't work either. LA, how's Vista 64 working for you?

Vista 64 and >4GB is what everyone should be using :)

It's a dream :D

Only drawback is that creatives drivers crap out on 3GB or more of RAM. I have 24bit 192Khz static out of my X-Fi. The onboard audio for the evga board though is amazing. I'm waiting to see if Auzentech have fixed this bug or if I should grab an Asus Xonar instead though.

LA, I'm using 32 right now, so far this has been the only problem, checked the security on board nothing I could find also. I'm still thinking about getting Vista 64, just thought it may not be getting there driver together.

Drz01, download codec from Microsoft, picture clear a little, still looks like color spot show.

well after installing a k-lite codec pack on vista some of my internet video files, wmv, mpeg, stopped opening, instead i'd get an error page in IE. Have you tried:

Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set Default Programs.

Then go to windows media player and "set this program as default"

well after installing a k-lite codec pack on vista some of my internet video files, wmv, mpeg, stopped opening, instead i'd get an error page in IE. Have you tried:

Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set Default Programs.

Then go to windows media player and "set this program as default"
Thanks Psyborg, I was beginning to think no one else ever had this problem, will give that a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back