Internet Usage Tool

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey

Today i recieved my final notice from my ISP to limit my downloads so without it happening again i would like to use an internet usage tool to find out who downloads so much on my network and perhaps set limits to bandwidth and total bandwidth etc. Is there any such program out there?

Please Help

Thanks

Ste_W

IMHO if your ISP don't provide you with a tool or don't provide you with information and a warning before you go over the limit then it is their problem not yours. Switch to a different provider who does provide this facility and inform your current provider why you are switching. Their are some good ISP's in the UK that give you bandwidth usage tools.

PS. What ISP are you with?

Im with Tiscali 2mb Unlimited and the last time i checked there usage calculator i had to add everything up myself, page after page.

If its unlimited then what are they complaining about? My DSL is unlimited, friend also has the same and he's used over 300GB/month with no notice (at least he hasn't said he got a notice).

If youhave to add up the totals yourself then that's just stupid. They should have a total.

Attached is my friend's usage, I also have the same thing.

Last edited:
I use the netstat provided with yahoo widgets. It pretty accurate, it tells you how fast and how much you have downloaded.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back