Internet trouble with 3com router

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political Access
I'm having a wierd problem that is driving me mad.
lately I can't access most sites at random times (at other times I can) on my PC that is connected to an ADSL modem trough a 3com router. At first I assumed I have to give the router some rest, but after a nights rest its all the same. I also tryed clearing my internet cach and nothing works :dead:

The really wired thing is that it only happens on my PC, that is connected to the router with a normal network cable (not wifi) and everything is fine on the laptops that are connected trough a wierless connection to the same router :paranoid:

the only thing that comes to mind is your computer's a zombie and DoS'ing at those times hehe.

More real you can reset your router to see if that helps.

if you can confirm that the laptop surfes the net at the same time the desktop can't i would disable all programs in xp startup including firewall to see if any might be the problem

i use outpost firewall and i have actually needed to uninstall the thing to get my internet back. I think it got corrupted as the icon dissapeared from the tray

if i think of anything usefull i will post

Thanks egghead, I don't use a firewall except for routers firewall (and outpost would be my last choise :p ) so that isn't the problem.

Most of the time there are at least 2 computers using the internet (my and the neighbors laptop (god bless wierless networking :) ) and my neighbor has no trouble what so ever.
Also I forgot to mention that osnn and spammers-paradise (the sites I most frequently visit always work!

that is strange..
check your host file
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\

also open internet explorer and elect tools/internet options/connections/lan settings and see if your under a proxy

The only thing in my host file is one "127.0.0.1 localhost"
Dunno if thats right or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back