Internet Speed Poll

X

-[xs]-mirage

Hey all, can you help me out? I am doing something school related (even though it is summer holidays). Please would you guys vote on your line speed. And please be honest.

MANY THANKS.

Take it easy!

moved to dsl about 2 years ago from 56k, but i think in the future i will get something faster then this slow dsl :)

i been on cable for two years, @3-400Kb, i found a small tv signal amplifier and now get an average of 120 KB.
just thought you guys might like to know about the signal amplifier it works for me

The DSL I've got is ok could be better but on the other hand it could be worse. I wish I could afford a T3 line from what I've read those r about the best type of connection but exspenive as u know what

HEY BYTES... What do you use to connect? Sat????

Ya i know T3 is expensive but i share it currently. My dad has a home office and thus has a t3 line for 20 clients. (I am the Network Guy) So i just limit the other people to about 50kbs and take the rest. :D JACKED!

Ya take it easy!

Ya i know T3 is expensive but i share it currently. My dad has a home office and thus has a t3 line for 20 clients. (I am the Network Guy) So i just limit the other people to about 50kbs and take the rest. :D JACKED!

Ya take it easy!

Ya take it easy!

im on optonline cable... but thats as fast as a T1 :p
10/1mbit cap

Well if u r the network tech then I would figure u r entitled to as much of that T3's bandwidth as u want since u can make everybody else who use it day really bad if u wanted to

T1, T3, OC-3 are all for company use only. the only connection for residents are dsl and cable right now

I had BellSouth DSL where I use to live, since I couldn't get cable. It was good for what I got, but their customer service sucks. I moved and now have RR cable since I couldn't get DSL; go figure. :rolleyes: Anyways I have to say I like it better than BellSouth DSL and Time Warner has a better customer service than BellSouth. I'll be upgrading to their business class soon, which I think is equal to a T1, not sure since I haven't talked with a rep about it.

cableeeeeeeeeeeeee
use to b on 33.6 modem
lol
tha was a very old computer
now got this new one :)

its amazing the xDSL became slower ( Not Realy ) !!! two years back he looked to me so fast !! but now he is just a regular !

I was on adsl for a few years with speeds of 250KB/s down and 65KB/s up. It was the only choice for broadband here at the time, until last May. Cable was available in May and when I moved I chose to try it out. They had a 4 month promotion of a $20 dsicount on. It was hell with lag issues during the peak periods for first couple months. Things seem to be better now. Speeds are 300-400KB/s down and 50KB/s up. Rumours are going around that speed caps are coming and data transfer limits as well.

I slowly advance with the pace of technology. I started with a measly 9600 baud rate, 14.4, 28.8, 56k, dsl, now rockinh cable.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/Bandwidth.asp

My result rigt now

Text Block Size 500 KB

Download Time 5669 ms
Receive Buffer 64240 bytes
Transmission Speed 2706 Kb/s

What are some of your results?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back