Internet Speed Challenge

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hey,
I was thinking that i'd see who has the fastest internet here.
Using this link:
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Test your speed, it works best with no other internet using applications of windows open.
Post a screen shot of your best.
No doubt the fios people will blow us away.

Post a screen shot,
your location (optional)
Your connection (fios, dial-up, dsl, cable, etc..)
The speed you pay for

This is my best documented speed.
According to comcast i should be getting 9 :(
My upload speed is crap though :)

I am in Massachusetts
I have Cable Internet
I pay for 9mbps
posts merged

Attachments

• speed test.bmp
    678.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Heh ran that and it told me I maxed out the london to new york link for any single host, which works out at just shy of 6mbps.

If I run a UK speed test I get 12.3mbps downstream an 0.8mbps upstream. Add onsome overhead and account for a java applet's inaccuracy and you get what my modem tells me:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,148 / 15,454 :)

Last Result:
Download Speed: 4666 kbps (583.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 298 kbps (37.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 6199 kbps (774.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 359 kbps (44.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

In Michigan
Comcast Cable
I pay $35ish a month for the next 6 months for some odd reason. First it was $20 then they said they were gonna do something to where its only 35 or so a month for a few months. Not sure what my speed is suppose to be but I am guessing 6Mbps or so

So am i high then?
Except for LordofLA who blows us away?

mine is 3meg down and 237k up
only pay $5.00 as I work for the provider.

the modem also supplies my phone service

I do have to pay 30.00 a month for the phone service though.

i pay like 250 for everything, digital cable, internet, phone

wow that is a lot. you must have hd and a couple premium channels.

SBC Global - $19.99 /month or something like that

1500/384

Speakeasy Speed Test said:
Download Speed: 1286 kbps (160.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 303 kbps (37.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
log.php

So I get just about what I should, compensating for TCP overhead and such. I just wish my UL was higher. You would think that ISP's like SBC and Comcast would let us have atleast 512 or 768kbps for the prices we pay. I mean cmon, 8mbps for dl? but only 384 ul?

It takes expensive equip. to provide the bandwidth to do it. that is why they don't.

They better up the up speed, and down speed.
Fios is faster at less money...

It takes expensive equip. to provide the bandwidth to do it. that is why they don't.

It just seems they are giving us just enough upload bandwith to get the job done and nothing extra. It seems if Comcast keeps increasing its download speeds and keeps its upload at 384 they will be using the majority of the upstream bandwith for just TCP return packets.

No actually it doesn't, the cable don't care if its going one way or the other, cable companies could very easily allow 1Mbps or greater uploads, but they don't want users to be running servers.

As far as my speeds, 8400 down, 375 up on Comcast.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back