internet slowdown

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political Access
does any 1 no wot hapened about aol + freeserve goin down cus of that company goin bankrupt?

How are Freeserve getting bankrupt, because I use Freeserve ???

i no how crap aol is but hey!

it's not freeserve or aol that's gone bust here's the article:

Web traffic faces meltdown as KPNQwest goes bust
Millions of UK internet users could face a huge slowdown in service next week after Dutch firm KPNQwest, which handles almost half of Europe's internet traffic, went bankrupt.
The owner of Europe's biggest data network is threatening to shut down its system on Monday unless its creditors pay all their debts by then.

Britain's two biggest internet service providers, Freeserve and AOL, both use KPNQwest's network which means that all their traffic will disappear down a big internet black hole.

KPNQwest has hired 70 engineers to keep the network going while efforts are made to find a buyer but, according to The Sun, they have been told not to touch the system if it crashes.

The newspaper reported that 40 to 50 per cent of European internet traffic could be affected

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back