• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Internet Sharing

I have two laptops connected via Ethernet cards and a home network. One is connected through another Ethernet card to NTL Broadband. I have used the network wizard to set up one computer as "directly connected to the internet" and the other as "connect via another computer". I have set up file, folder, drive and printer sharing etc.

With each computer I can see everything I want to see on the "other" computer. I can share files, drives and printer.

I also have ZoneLab 3.0 on the computer which connects directly to the internet and with this program UNINSTALLED I can share the computer connection. With this file installed I cannot share the connection.

Zone Lab can see both subnets and under Firewall/zones the broadband connection is shown as "internet" and the home network as "trusted".

What else must I do to convince Zonelabs that I really would like to share the internet?

Perhaps i should ditch Zonelabs and get another firewall. Any suggestions?

As you may see from another thread I solved the problem by junking Zone Alarm pro and setting up the Sygate personal Alarm. It works a treat and has an excellent testing facility.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy