• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Internet sharing isp billing help

Depends.

If you have a router or use ICS they can't. They can analyse traffic and guess, but I don't think so, too much work.

If you get one IP per computer from your ISP they can. Just count the IP:s. ;)

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Majin, are they charging you for having more than one computer on the SAME connection line? That would be well unfair! Its not like your having 3 times as much connection speed than when you had only one computer connected to the connection. I use a Router/DSL Modem/Gateway all in one Box for mine :D

Majin

DBZ - Yes its in me!
well of course its unfair and i didnt think they were supposed to know how many computers i have past my router. i think i need to have a nice chat with them about unfair billing practices, and state monopoly laws. :)

T

TechSupport

im pretty sure they can see there is a router connected to the line, and they're probably assuming from that that there is more than one machine connected to the internet.

although as someone said once... assumption is the mother of all f**kups :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadgymenu