Internet radio.

trackrat

Birmingham UK
Is it possible to record to the hard drive a radio station broadcast so you can listen to it later.
If so how do you go about it.
And is it legal to do it.

trackrat said:
Is it possible to record to the hard drive a radio station broadcast so you can listen to it later.
If so how do you go about it.
And is it legal to do it.
Yes it's possible. I can't recall the app(s) available to do this right now though (sorry). As for legal I believe thats a grey line that I would say goes in your favor [fair use] at this point in time.

As long as the radio is public broadcast its ok, same goes for tv shows etc..

As long as you record it yourself and dont distribute you arnt breaking any laws. Unfortunatly if you dl tv shows and what not then that steps past the distributing line and that is against the law. But its doubtful if anyone really cares that much.... if Stations were smart they would host the tracker themselves :p

Aprox said:
... if Stations were smart they would host the tracker themselves :p
Interesting you bring that up. I just read a whole section in yesterdays (well Wednesday's paper) about "podcasting". It's basically sites that allow downloads of the broadcast for listeners to download and play back on their PC or MP3 player. Some do exclusive online and a couple channels are begining to expiriment w/ both.

i bought an ipod to try that podcast... and i cant find any... any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back