Internet problem over LAN

S

stuppy

I have a server running NT4 with MSProxy 2 installed to share my cable connection, and i run the Winsock client on the 2 client pc's on my network.

One pc runs Windows 98 and one runs Windows XP Pro (this one).

Everything works fine, but after a few seconds, now this woulldnt annoy me so much, however when i boot my computer up, i like icq to connect first time, but this is now the case.

I have to shut icq down and reload it in order to connect. Now if i try and connect to MSN as soon as my computer boots up, same thing, nothing, give it 10-15 seconds and it works.

It appears that my computer is not connecting to the network or something like that. I have talked ot my friend who is well versed in computers and he suggested putting the ip of the server into the hosts file, which i did, nothing :( same problem.

Does anyone know of what causes this ??
Thanks for help :)

Stuppy

How about not autorunning the services? That can sometimes happen because it takes a few seconds to connect and log into the proxy server. I would simply not autorun them and manually open them a few seconds after it connects.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back