internet history folder?

J

jason

unlike before. The history folder for internet explorer is in the windows folder named history. But now i cant find such a folder and when i try searching for it it didnt show. Show i was wondering if anyone know where it is and how can i move it to the windows history folder.

And also. Does anyone know where the run command is kept or whats a shortcut key for it?

Look in the folder 'documents & settings'. It should be in there somewhere. :D

Jason -

are you looking for the "Run" option to show up in the start menu.. or are you attempting to run a program a certain way, say for instance, as an administrator, etc...??

~n:D

it is a hidden folder.
It located at:
documents and settings\username\local settings\history

im looking for the run option at the start menu cause i somehow lost it after i added a password to administrator for some reason. so i need to find teh actual command and make a shortcut of it.

Ahhh...okay..

try this..

right click your taskbar>click on "properties"

next, click on the "Start Menu" tab up at the top

if you are using the Classic Start Menu option...click on the "Customize" button...

next, in the Advanced Start Menu options box at the bottom..make sure you have the "Display Run" entry checked off...

THats it!!.. just close that window out...then click on Start..and viola... you should see "run"...if not..

then goto this field in the registry: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] and there you will find an entry for "StartMenuRun" make sure the dword setting is set to 1. As always, BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!!!!!

good luck !

~n:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back