Internet Explorer Problem

K

Kafros

Hi,for about 2 days nows I've had problems with internet explorer.There are certain websites that I cannot open with explorer,www.yahoo.com being one of them.At first I thought that the sites were being updated or something but it's been 2 days now and I cant even check my email at yahoo:confused:.Any help will be appreciated.

Are you running any sort of popup stopper, maybe one that you can enter the url's of certain sites etc?

No,I had Pop-up Killer installed but I unistalled it.But I think that Pop-up Killer would simply terminate the ie window,not disallow access to the site.The only thing I remember doing before this problem started was installin Ad-Aware and deleting all spy ware from my pc.Could this be the cause of all this?:confused:

I think ad aware has a restore function for the registry. Use it & see if the problem goes away.

I restored the spy-ware from the prog,still no luck:mad: Any ideas?

Have you checked you have whatever connection you use set to the default, under connections in Internet properties?

I had same problem, and found somehow my connections was et to use non, once I switchd it to my normal dialup, it all worked ok after a reboot.

Stuy_b,my connection is the default connection,I even tried cancelling it from default and making the default again.No luck I am afraid. :mad:

I finally solved my problem !:D I tried to update windows but the page wouldnt load,so i tried refreshing for about 1 minute or so and the page loaded,I was then prompted to install a mircrosoft protocol or something like that (I never pay too much attention to those pop-up screens :p )checked for updates,there weren't any and from then on everything is ok :D.I am still not sure as to what caused all this but now its fixed i am happy.Big thanx to everyone that tried to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back