Internet explorer problem? something is wrong and It could be anything. **PLEASE HELP

N

nathanB

Hey,
Well to begin I have no idea where to put this, it can be multiple sources where this problem occurs, not sure if its the graphics card, the operating system, or the harddrive.

My problem is that 88x31 images do not show up on my computer. It doesn't sound like a big problem though it is really getting me annoyed since I cant see my affiliates buttons on my site, as well I cant see mine on theirs, and not only that its fun checking out other sites when your board and I cant click on buttons 2 get there.

Now only 88x31 images do not show on a WEBPAGE. It will show if there saved on my HD, or if I got directly to the image on the web (example: www.site.com/image.gif)

I formatted last night to fix this problem, and once I finshed formatting it worked fine. I seen the 88x31 images on websites, so just before I went 2 sleep I checked to see if it worked, it did.

I left my computer running to re-upload big php scripts and .psd files to my site.

I come back this morning to check to see if the 88x31 images show, and they dont :mad:

I dont know what's going on here, though it's really annoying.

No body i've talked to has any idea why it is doing this, Im not sure if it is Internet explorer, Windows, Graphics card or what.

I dont think it is internet explorer becuase I tried netscape and it does not appear ither

I dont think it is my graphics card becuase I never had this problem before and my graphics card has been installed on my computer for over 6 months and nothing like this happend.

I dont think it is windows becuase I had this computer well over a year and did not notice any problems before like this.

So that leaves my harddrive suspision, which I feel is the most logical problem though it has almost nothing to do with the internet that comes to my mind.

I think it is the harddrive becuase I had to bring it in for the Master Boot Record to be re-written, since somehow the dos partition of the HD was ereased.

If anyone could help it would be EXTREMELY apperciated.
Thanks for your time,

Sadly no =(

Ive tried netscape, IE, opera, and mozilla

If I am reading this correctly and I hope I am ...

You have a website and the images that are 88x32 dont show up. Now can you send a link for us to see if they show up for us... plus it sounds like it could be a path problem. I dont think its a HD or graphics card issue.

Let us look at the link and we should be able to tell almost immediately

the sites that I used 2 beable 2 see are:

www.techgear007.net (at the bottom, there should be 14 buttons, and 2 others on the right hand side)

www.nuke-x.com (should be one on the left hand side)

EDIT: Sorry I typed the 1st url wrong, I fixed it now. Note, those are just sites I give as an example, every webpage does not show 88x31 buttons that I visisted.

Originally posted by nathanB
the sites that I used 2 beable 2 see are:

www.teachgear007.net (at the bottom, there should be 14 buttons, and 2 others on the right hand side)

www.nuke-x.com (should be one on the left hand side)

Well the first site teachgear007.net doesnt resolve... I get a 404 error

The nuke-x.com works fine. I dont see any missing images at all. It might an issue with your cache... clear it all out and try again.

hehe... got it... all image show up for the first site also I see no problems at all
In fact very nice designs and layouts

=(, Jus cleared everything. History, temp files, cookies N all. Still nothing showing up =(

ps,
Thanks 4 the compliments =)

Below is an attachment of what I am seeing... If I can see it prolly others can also. If its something local I am not sure what else to do...

Ye those are the ones that are there :'(, well at least they are there, though I wish I could see them. Its wearid though how right after I formatted they shown up, though after I left my comp over night I come back and they dissipear. Im going to restore back to the orginal and see what goes on, and install my software again, and keep checking to see if that does it.

If no software is the problem, not the cashe or the browser, and its most likey not the HD, it would have to be the OS right?

Also everything shows up for Opera too.... No problems

The only think I can think off the top of my head is that are you running any type of firewall?? If this is happening in all browsers that the only thing I can think of. For now.

OMG, ur the greatest. I would have nvr thought of that becuase it always used to work, though I disabled it and it shows up now!

Thanks hella lot bro, u saved me from buying another HD LOL.
If there is anything I can do, give me a shout

:D

Oh, I was gonna ask. Is there a way to change some settings in Norton Personal Firewall for it 2 allow 88x31 images?

Originally posted by nathanB
Oh, I was gonna ask. Is there a way to change some settings in Norton Personal Firewall for it 2 allow 88x31 images?

Something must be set in there not to allow *gifs or something... weird let me tell. I dont run Nortons Personal Firewall. I run Sygate so I have no idea where the setting or settings might be.

my NPF shows them fine, I will dig around though

do you have the ad blocking turned on??

88x31 is a standard banner ad image size so it could be blocking them just on that

Yeah, Personal Firewall does block those images as advertisements. Beyond that, it could have to do with the sending of referrer information... there is an article on Symantec's website on how to allow NPF to pass referrer info from specified sites.

Ohh ya, tha add blocking! I just disabled it and that what does it, I always thought it was for pop-ups :O Thanks man

And thank u for welcoming me, its a great place :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back