Internet Explorer and variants (MyIE, Avant, etc) discussion

This has been out for a while now, but I felt like posting it anyway in case somebody still doesn't know about it.

Avant Browser 10.0 Final

What's new:

Avant Browser 10.0 Build 030, Released: 10.25.2004
Fixed the bug of the zone icon.
Fixed the error encoding for status bar.
Improved Interface Drawing.
Fixed the bug of secure lock icon.
Fixed the bug that result in GDI/Memory Leak.
Fixed the bug of Fav-Icon downloader that might result in instable problem.
Re-arranged Options Windows.
Improved translations.

Avant Browser 10.0 Build 027, Released: 10.15.2004
Built-in XML RSS/ATOM Feeds Reader
Floating Bar for selected Text (Copy, Search, Find, Highlight...)
Floating Bar for Flash Movie (Save, Play in Player, emailing, Block...)
Floating Bar for Image (Save, View in Viewer, Zoom in/out, emailing...)
New Message Handling, Improved Stability and CPU usage.
Improved Memory Usage, it's faster with large number of windows opened.
Send a whole page with email
Page Zooming
Support IE Privacy Report
Support IE Security Zones
Improved screen/desktop mode, all panels can be hidden automatically.
Show URL as tooltips for blocked Popups.
Show URL as tooltips for blocked ADs.
Improved Popup Blocker, more popups will be blocked
Save HTML Source of a webpage
Display a list of links to select, when opening/recovering last time saved/opened web pages
Fixed Web Page Printing Bug for certain computers
Fixed the bug that cannot start in Limited User Account.
Countless internal polishes

www.avantbrowser.com

In a previous post, I mentioned I was staying with IE. But I've been using Avant exclusively since the 9.02 version. This browser is awesome and it keeps getting better. Comes in 34 different languages with built-in cache cleaner and search, the ability to enable/disable pictures, video, pop-ups, ads, flash, scripts with a couple clicks. Avant also handles tabbed browsing very efficiently.

And the thing I like most about Avant is its mind-blowing set of countless options. It is by far the most tweakable browser.

hotmale said:
This has been out for a while now, but I felt like posting it anyway in case somebody still doesn't know about it.

Avant Browser 10.0 Final
I feel you have jumped the gun on this one as it is not final yet.
How do I know this?
They just released version 10.0 build 031.

Yeah, MyIE has changed name to Maxthon. It's a free software supported by a Chinese workgroup. Its last version occupys a lot souce.
Now I am trying GreenBrowser, also a Chinese free software.

Used to be an Avant fan for long time. Not any more. Liked the tabbed browsing, session saving, and built in popup blocker, but they never managed to fix its stability (crashing & freezing), and CPU hogging (specially in Flash or Java based sites). Had enough of it after I figured out I needed to shut it down on a regular basis, in order to be able to work normally. Moved to Maxthon about a month ago, and I'm very happy with it. It has a less fancier look than Avant (though I didn't try its skins), but has the same features I liked in Avant - and more. I definitely recommend IE fans to give it a try.

D.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back