Internet Explorer and variants (MyIE, Avant, etc) discussion

Kr0m said:
Has anyone used Netcaptor? If so, thoughts?

From what I have read, you have to put up with banner ads,or pay them money, and since Mozilla and My IE2 are free, why bother?

TheBlueRaja said:
Is there any way you can get Internet Explorer to open a link on a page whilst its loading. My one seems intent on not allowing me to click on or open links in new windows until its finished loading the page.

as you can see im impatient - SO I WANT AN ANSWER QUICK - got it.... :D

Do you have a popup or ad blocker working? I'll have to check what my wife was running. It's been a while. Her's did the same and we attributed it to the ad/popup blocker.

I guess it would be best to limit activex controls as I have IE set to defaults. I was using MyIE2 and picked this up without any permission or prompts. It kept mutiplying (see taskmanager) installing spyware multiple times. There was nothing my Antivirus could do. It took an hour or more to rid my PC of the trojan. I inspected the trojan properties and sure enough, it was activeX

nof2.jpg

Awhile ago I went from the first tabbed browser (netcaptor) to MyIE2 which is my current favorite. I'm curious why others, who've tried MyIE but now use another alternative browser (avant, slim, etc), prefer the other browser over MyIE?

Temporary Internet Files

Ok... somehow the option to have these temp files removed when closing IE has vanished. I no longer have that option and no longer does it delete the files. I can do this manually... and have norton do it too.. but I'm lazy. Any reg fixes or whatever to fix this ?

ok well I use Avant Browser and when I uninstall it to install the new version I can't delete the file in the folder called iexplore.exe so I figured since it shares the same name as ie I would change the name and delete....well this file won't go away and I had to move it to my desktop so that I could install the new version of avant. so now I have a file on my desktop that won't go away. I've tried renaming it, restarting everything so that if it's running which it's not it will quit. Well I've tried everything and it won't go away...help!

MyIe is the best .. It has a lot more features, works great with my download manger, and the mouse gestures work like a charm. I have it set where all the is at the top is the url bar and search bar. The rest of the actions are done with the mouse :) The gecko engine in it is kinda cool also ..

I have a question though. You know when you double click on the tab bar it brings up another tab ? How do you get the tab to show your home page when it opens ?? it shows a blank screen as it is..

options > myie options > new > select Home under New Window options

Thanx for the help leedogg, that is already checked - It brings the home page on a new tab when you push cntrl+N, but not when you double click the the tab bar ..

ok can someone who uses Avant Browser check out www.zipzoomfly.com because when I go there with adblocker on I get no pictures....with adblocker off I get the pictures just fine

Awhile ago I went from the first tabbed browser (netcaptor) to MyIE2 which is my current favorite. I'm curious why others, who've tried MyIE but now use another alternative browser (avant, slim, etc), prefer the other browser over MyIE?

I hate Gecko.
oh, and also, Avant seems a lot more smooth to me. Easier to get it to do what you want. But it's probably just a matter of personal preference in the end.

Tuffgong4 said:
ok I use Avant Browser but what is this on download.com
Avant Browser Plus?
here is the link to the publishers
http://istreamcast.com/avantplus/home.html
if anyone knows what the dif is please let me know
I installed the google browser from this site .. It was full of spyware, When you first install it it makes you register with gamebrowser.com. My antivirus went nuts with the program file. It installed more than just the browser - It slowed my connection down, I tried to uninstall it and it killed my connection. After that I ran ad-aware and it found 49 references to this one browser alone. I deleted all the files it showed including the program file. After this I ran my antivirus on a demand scan, it found nothing, apperaently ad aware found it. I then rebooted the pc and did the adaware again it found 25 more things referenced with the google browser I installed.

Finally, I tried to get on line and it would'nt do anything, it was dead. So I ran hijackthis and found 10 references to this google browser I installed, I deleted them all then tried to get on line again. It worked this time - I recomend anyone to not install any of the browsers off that website.

I stick to IE. I've tried more than 4 alternative browsers and each one had some bugs. But among alternative browsers, -IMHO- Avant is the best.

hotmale said:
I stick to IE. I've tried more than 4 alternative browsers and each one had some bugs. But among alternative browsers, -IMHO- Avant is the best.
YIP .. I am usng avant now - I found some bugs in the version of myie. I like avant, it is very nice. Easy to use and and a very nice borwser ..

i've been using avant for over a year now, only had a few problems which were fixed quickly with patches - tried most mozilla based browsers, it was just little things that turned me off, so i stick with my ie shell.

Spybot & Avast AV say they work with IE. How can you use other browsers like Avant?

Won't Spybot and Avast anti-virus fail to block spyware and virii?
Thank you. :confused:

veronica said:
Won't Spybot and Avast anti-virus fail to block spyware and virii?
Thank you. :confused:
My printer also says to use Internet Explorer.

I have a problem guys. i wasn't sure to make a new thread or use this one. but anyway my problem is that IE is loading pages slow. and i have broadband and it shouldn't. and i know its not my internets fault b/c i used Realone and i browsed the internet using that and it went fast...i was confused b/c realone uses IE built in right? anyay all my settings for IE are basic so whats wrong?

i am having a problem with the new version or any version of myie 2...i had the previoius verson and it worked great..now i get an error right at start-up..i hate ie and all the others...how can i fix this?

is says this

AppName: myie.exe AppVer: 0.9.27.68 ModName: omniscienthook.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000817a

WTF... i need it to work...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back