Internet Explorer (and variants) discussion

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
This thread will be for discussion of the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser, this includes any variants such as MyIE2 and Avant browser.
The thread can be used for discussion of the browser along with any tweaks, add-ons and other related content, specific problems may be resolved quicker if they are posted in a new thread.
There will be no comparing it to "Browser X", no belittling other browsers, or anything that is off topic.
ANY derogatory, off topic, or flaming comments within this thread will be deleted without warning.

yu guys with the extensions, please come in here with links and what you like best about whatever extrension you use the most...bugs etc.

we'll need your support here...let's see who steps up to the plate...I don't use any ectensions on this browser

yes henyman...aol counts

I know plenty of people actually prefer that version of ie,

can you tgell me why?

Yeah, It's an IE based browser, so it should have the same behaviour, features and even problems (if not more/less so than plain IE itself) :)

ieSpell - the greatest addon ever created :) One of only two reasons i use IE

iespell + ai roboform (I find this untility absolutely essential)

my browser of choice is MyIE

Originally posted by dealer
yes henyman...aol counts

I know plenty of people actually prefer that version of ie,

can you tgell me why?

there's lots of things. Aol doesn't have the holes that i.e has :p very rairly do i.e holes affect Aol. Aol 8.0 has a host of great fetures such as a pop-up blocker that blocks 100% pop-ups, all windows are grouped within 1 main window to save cluttering the taskbar, + if some one picks up the phone (quite commen) then Aol automatically redials + conects withot closing webpages.

it also has themes + easy to use menu's.

it's a conection,browser,pop up stoper + mail client in 1:cool:

the actual service itself needs some work though:mad: tooooo dam slow:p

Sister's are great for screwing them up, touche, sounds like douche, lol

moderators are great for putting posts in the proper section.

could someone move this to the ie sticky please?

MYIE2:
Best Skin = aquafusion
Best Plugin = enable right click and google toolbar
If you overclock your video card,user interface is very sensitive compared to other browsers.
Nice popup blocker. Somehow, prone to interruptions when loading long forum pages???That's what made me stop using this browser and jump to Firebird.

I never put that post here originally.

But anyway AOL browser I don't use it takes longer than IE.

I just hide AOL when logged on and use IE 99.9% of surfing.

what's the best add on to give the mouse gestures and all those extension thingys?

the most stable, the least memory, etc.

Originally posted by Henyman
there's lots of things. Aol doesn't have the holes that i.e has :p very rairly do i.e holes affect Aol. Aol 8.0 has a host of great fetures such as a pop-up blocker that blocks 100% pop-ups, all windows are grouped within 1 main window to save cluttering the taskbar, + if some one picks up the phone (quite commen) then Aol automatically redials + conects withot closing webpages.

it also has themes + easy to use menu's.

it's a conection,browser,pop up stoper + mail client in 1:cool:

the actual service itself needs some work though:mad: tooooo dam slow:p

As a matter of fact Henyman, what you said about holes not affecting it is not true.

It all uses the same backend, thus basically if IE has a hole, AOL is affected, even if it handles stuff different.

this actually belongs to tweak section but here it goes

To speed up browsing you can set so that IE does not check for updated page when you hit the Back button. Go to Tools->Options... under Temporary Internet Folder click Settings. Check the "Every time you start Internet Explorer" button.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back