Internet Explorer and # of objects you can download at a time?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey all. I have run into a problem. Even though I am on a 56k, I want to download a lot of files at once, like while I sleep. Reason for this is I can do everything when I wake up. Right now I want to download a lot of TFC Maps, and there's a LOT of them... so I'd love to download a lot of them at the same time, but the most I can download at a time right now is 2.

Is there an option I can change somewhere so that I can have more?

Originally posted by Punkrulz
Hey all. I have run into a problem. Even though I am on a 56k, I want to download a lot of files at once, like while I sleep. Reason for this is I can do everything when I wake up. Right now I want to download a lot of TFC Maps, and there's a LOT of them... so I'd love to download a lot of them at the same time, but the most I can download at a time right now is 2.

Is there an option I can change somewhere so that I can have more?

there's a way to tweak the registry, but i don't recommend using IE period. Download managers work wonders, one called downloadaccelerator.com and I'm sure there's others for windows but I can't remember them.

One tool I like using is wget from www.wget.org

even though it's a command line tool, you can use it as many times as you want and it'll resume of failed connections (for instance, you lost your dialup connection allyou'd have to do is type in wget -c http or ftp url

with wget you can get an entire website buy typing in

wget -np -m -p http://whatever your website you want here

it's great for grabbing files and resuming when you want, PLUS mirroring entire sites :)

PS I'm working on a GUI for it in windows so you don't have to worry about it in command line :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back