News Internet Explorer 9 Final

Tried a little experiment with my VM** ... ran this IE9 site after I installed IE9 ... both the images and the audio stuttered and ran very poorly. I then fired up Chrome[beta 11.x] (which I use 100% of the time) and the audio still stuttered a bit .. but the images of that guy singing where smooth as silk. Anyhoo, just found it interesting that another browser would perform so much better on a site created just for the purpose of showing off IE9.

I know this probably has to do with IE9 depending on hardware acceleration and other things that it might not have gotten in my VM, but Chrome did much better and had the same hardware to play with.

Oh and good to see IE is still just as clunky feeling as ever. :) To my untrained eyes it looked just like 8, just with some transparency and a new icon set.

**VM specs -
- VM is Windows 7 running as guest OS
- 2 out of 4 cores of an AMD athlon II X4 640 CPU
- 2 out of 8 gigs of RAM
- VM is Virtualbox

ie9 requires direct hardware access not virtualised hardware :) Try it native and have fun :)

I know that's why it performed badly .. but why wouldn't they have a "fallback" way to make it run just as well as Chrome does [as Chrome can also be made to use hardware acceleration]? Also I can't do that as I'm not running Windows as my host OS, and doubt I ever will again. Windows 7 was just another step in the wrong direction for me, so it'll always be a VM OS, never a host OS again. :)

I been playing IE9 and find that I do like it better than the other ones. Ones like firefox use way too many resources and crash constantly, especially when running flash.

edit: When I say other ones, I am referring to older versions of IE.

I know that's why it performed badly .. but why wouldn't they have a "fallback" way to make it run just as well as Chrome does [as Chrome can also be made to use hardware acceleration]? Also I can't do that as I'm not running Windows as my host OS, and doubt I ever will again. Windows 7 was just another step in the wrong direction for me, so it'll always be a VM OS, never a host OS again. :)

To use IE9 in a VM I think you would need to go into options > advanced > accelerated graphics

Check the box to use software rendering instead of GPU.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back