Information Internet Explorer 8

It's quite buggy right now. Feels more like an alpha than a beta honestly. IE7's first beta was much better than this.

But, as always, the actual browser still looks and feels (other than the lag) better than FF default.

FF3 is a better browser but it needs to borrow a few of the bookmark features from IE7 and 8.

This could just be an answer to Firefox 3 Beta 3 that is out and about ATM. Just so it doesn't look like MicroSquish is dragging it's knuckles on the ground again with it's browser.

Keep in mind though this is their first attempt at pushing out a browser version each year or close to it. Not cutting them slack, but will be good to see the final version and how that does :)

Keep in mind though this is their first attempt at pushing out a browser version each year or close to it. Not cutting them slack, but will be good to see the final version and how that does :)

Cutting some slack? They have had a YEAR to fix these issues!

If IE8 ends up being as great of a step as IE7 was then I am going to be an extremely happy web developer! :D

I just discovered some really nice new gimmicks in IE8 as I was working through today :)

Since my FF interface is setup to look identical to my IE7, I didn't realize I had opened up Ie8 by accident while working on cleaning up my Zune album list.

Highlight a work if you want, while not in a box such as this and a floating menu appears above allowing you a choice of actions :)

I wish they had in-line search like FF offered, that and real-time spelling correction would make it a lot more viable.

Speed is crap right now and there are plenty of rendering issues. However, it's a lot faster since I rebooted my system compared to my initial install.

Speed was an issue for me too (actually rolled back on my main system for the time being)

Ie7 was pretty much fine out of the box, I can see I can going to need to spend some time disabling some of the bloat in this new version if it carries on.

Yeah, I believe those features are called "gimmicks" or something, strangely enough.

Let me cause a stir here.

Who here believes FF2 is actually a lot better and safer to surf the net with than IE7 other than IE not supporting ACID2?
I don't know what ACID2 is tbh, but that's the only thing that keeps popping up when people argue that FF is a lot better than IE. There's no mention about which would be safer to use in terms of online security.

That argument is older than the internet, but I am very happy with IE7 and hope that IE8 will be good.

I am on the beta even though they released it to the public before us (woohoo?) so will hopefully be able to give some good feedback.

Why is Acid2 (and now Acid3) the standards of the web when 80% or more of the Internet world uses IE? That doesn't make sense. Maybe what IE renders should be the standard! *smirk*

Why is Acid2 (and now Acid3) the standards of the web when 80% or more of the Internet world uses IE? That doesn't make sense. Maybe what IE renders should be the standard! *smirk*
;more popcorn;

Acid2/3 shows compliance with the W3C CSS standards, which Microsoft was part and parcel in founding. In typical antitrust MS behavior when it comes to standards, they decided to go their own route and break the web as we know it today in an effort , a successful one at that, to lock the vast majority of people into their OS and their browser. The biggest threat to the MS monopoly would be an OS-neutral web based environment. Enter Google stage left.

Acid2/3 shows compliance with the W3C CSS standards, which Microsoft was part and parcel in founding. In typical antitrust MS behavior when it comes to standards, they decided to go their own route and break the web as we know it today in an effort , a successful one at that, to lock the vast majority of people into their OS and their browser. The biggest threat to the MS monopoly would be an OS-neutral web based environment. Enter Google stage left.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.

I guess my basking is over

he, he!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back