Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2

I don't like caret browsing. It seems to be more of a pain than anything ... I am wondering it IE7Pro will work with it ,,,

I am having trouble staying logged into the site for some reason. It keeps kicking me out .. Anyone else having this issue ??

I turned on and turned off compatibility mode. could that be the cause ?

[edit] Compatibility mode does kick me off. So I can not have it turned with this site ..

I did install and play with it briefly on a virtual machine, as I really don't want to compromise my production systems with it at the moment so will have more thoughts later.

I do like the private bit although tend to wipe my cache regularly, I am not one for gimmicks tho so I will prob try and make it as light weight as I possibly can.

laptopvideo2go.com try them for nvidia drivers.
I tried installing their drivers modified for laptops using the "have a disc method, no go

by the way, why is vista opening this .inf with notepad?

how do I get the computer to open the .inf with explorer?

IE7 Pro works great with this. anyone should try it out ....

I couldn't get the browser to scroll and it started to crash too often to keep on the box

I did not see it browse nearly as fast as opera...took it off my box for now

Yeah, I took it out also. Seen too many things with it ... It is getting better though ..

I'm kinda excited for IE8, since IE will finally be W3C standards compliant.

The next best thing would be to force everyone on IE6 to upgrade.

It is getting better, grandmaster. Once it is final it will be really good. I can see people going back to it from Firefox.

This is why competition is good.

eeh.... i'm REALLY not fond of what they did with the address bar drop-down menu. I liked when it used to keep a nice long list of the sites you typed in to visit... not when it only keeps like.... the 5 of the latest sites you typed in, 5 from your history, and another 5 from your favorites. That's just retarded.

Hey Microsoft.... That's what we have the FAVORITES and HISTORY tabs for!!!

To be completely honest... if it weren't for that, i'd probably LOVE IE8. Also think it's funny how they advertise the whole "Web Slices" thing.... but even if i DO go to eBay... i have no little button for the web slices appear... nor does it even say any were found in the button in the toolbar.

Accelerators are a nice touch though....

I'm hoping this means Microsoft is serious about a browser war again, should be good to see what IE8 and IE9 + beyond can do for the users :D

I did the Beta 1 thing, it was hard to use, the new Beta is light years ahead, in both functionality and features. I have been using it virtually bug free since the day it was released. I have to say, as one who never developed the fondness others did for Firefox, I am quite pleased to see IE back where it belongs, as the best browser option available.

Read this today here:
"Consuming twice as much RAM as Firefox and saturating the CPU with nearly six times as many execution threads, Microsoft's latest beta release of Internet Explorer 8 is in fact more demanding on your PC than Windows XP itself ..."

It is getting better, grandmaster. Once it is final it will be really good. I can see people going back to it from Firefox.

Heh, I don't think I'll be ditching FF yet. Can't live without certain extensions ;)

I was excited for the fact coding websites will be a lot less painful with a W3C compliant IE :)

i kinda like it so far. one thing i'm wondering though. Has anybody found a way, or is there a way, to remove the history and such from the address bar drop-down? Basically so it'll only display URL's that i actually typed into the address bar, as it did in IE7.

I too am unable to get rid of the "History" in the drop-down address bar, unless I manually click every red-X to the right of the suggestion. I too have site suggestions turned off, LordOfLA. I have deleted my history in tools > internet options, I have deleted it through command promp, and I even have two internet-privacy eraser tools. Even after doing all of these and restarting, my history still shows up.

I think this is a major privacy issue. It's very annoying, as I spend about 5 minutes manually deleting every entry. On top of that, they sometimes reappear, and there's even one that refuses to disappear, which is titled "<This page has not set a title>".

My girlfriend has also downloaded IE8 Beta 2, and she is having the same issue.

I thought that one of the 'new' features was the easy deletion of browser history, as I keep seeing this mentioned everywhere. It's pretty much impossible to delete browser history in any way, shape, or form.

If anyone figures this out, do tell.

Thank you.

They have gone and done it again in IE8 and locked the Fav Toolbar or whatever they are calling it these days. So there is a wasted space after the Menu Bar\Help. They did this before in IE7 but was fixed in the final build.
I moved the Links folder to the Menu Bar after the Help icon and also have SnagIT on the right side of the Menu Bar, this give me the ability to have my most used shortcuts on the Menu Bar in between the Menu Bar\Help and SnagIT and also have a drop down icon >> for any other shortcuts i need.(no wasted space).
So Please Microsoft give users the IE6 like ability to completely adjust/move all toolbars,
Another idea would be the ability to resize/remove the search box as some people don't use it because as they might have the full google or whatever toolbar installed.
I am not saying it's all bad because i quite like IE8 which has some great features but these thing are very annoying.

I have installed IE8 on a old Armada E500 laptop running XP Pro which i upgraded to a 40gb h/d and 512mb of ram and which i am typing this on and it works ok. :)

PS: anybody used Maxthon

I guess most of you probably knew this, I did not, you can drag and drop the tabs so they open in the sequence you want...good to know

I actually ended up removing it for now - seemed to crash a lot when I was browsing with too many tabs or using Flash/Java pages. I'll give it a whirl in a few more weeks and troubleshoot but I needed stability for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back