internet explorer 6 problem grrrrr

W

WarranT

k...ive been having the biggest ie problem ever for quite some time now......ive posted on every msg board and still nobody has been able to figure it out
this happens when i try to do windows update ,and check my hotmail

ive been useing mozilla in the process but i dont like it

here it goes:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explore

ive tried everything! and still dont work

so if anyone can help me it would be great

thx

WarranT

For windows update check this out>

Windows Update - Error

If you cannot update XP check your c:\windows\windows update.log. If you have this error: Error 0x800C0008 then go to Tools\internet options\languages. You must have one language selected. Boom windows update works again!

Or for LAN settings

Go to control panel, open up Internet Options\Connections. Click on the Lan Settings button at the bottom right of the window. Untick Automatically detect settings.

oh wait...............i do have that error!

(Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error)

hmmmm

and i checked the languae thing.....i already had the english 1 in their......so now what?

Do a google search for 'internet explorer Error 0x80004005:'. Look through there & see if it does the trick.

grrrrrrrr i cant find anything

can u help me?

give mt the link or something

thx

Go here & type internet explorer Error 0x80004005: in the first box. Set language to english. Look through the responses. Let us know how you go.

i used this http://www.15seconds.com/faq/Data Access/750.htm

and put everything in

went to windows update

now it shows this:

Do you want to install and run "Windows "update"?

The publisher cannot be determined due to the problems below.

A system-level error occured while verifiying trust.

Yes No More Info

any suggestions?

Unless you have MDAC drivers put things back the way they were. Then try this. (copy the file to the desktop. don't delete it just in case)>

An Unknown error has occurred...Error Number :0x80004005
The pop3uidl.dat file is corrupt. This file contains all the information regarding which messages on the server should be downloaded, etc. Try deleting this file (with OE closed), then open OE and check your mail account settings again.

The default location for the file is at C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail\Mail
That's to do with outlook but it might be affecting IE.

If that doesn't work try repairing IE if you haven't already done so.

i dont have that location

and cant repair the cd is with my dad grrrrrrrrrrr

i think im getting somewhere now!

this is what it sais now:

To install items from Windows Update, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.

Note If you are running a Windows 2000 (except DataCenter), Windows XP, or Windows .NET Server 2003 operating system, you can run the local administrator account on your computer without having to log off and then log on again.

To run as the local administrator in Windows XP or Windows .NET Server 2003:

Click Start, and then click All Programs (or right-click Windows Update if it is available).
Right-click Windows Update.
Click Run as on the menu that appears.
Do one of the following:
Enter the password for the administrator.
Enter the user name, domain name, and password of a different user account that has administrative permissions on this computer.

To run as the local administrator in Windows 2000:

Click Start, right-click Windows Update, and then click Run As on the menu that appears.
Do one of the following:
Enter the password for the administrator.
Enter the user name, domain name, and password of a different user account that has administrative permissions on this computer.

If the option to run as the local administrator is not available:

Click Start, right-click Windows Update, and then click Properties.
Click the Shortcut tab, and then select the Run as different user check box.

i think im logged in as administrator though..what could be the problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back