Internet Explorer 6.0 Problem...

K

kevinr

I seem to have a problem when I click on a link in my browser window... When I click on it a new IE window shows up (however minimized), and when i maximize it it is just blank...nothing at all. I have uninstalled SP1 (i have win xp), and also ran ad-aware as a recommendation from another group. I even reinstalled IE 6.0 and also tried to repair it...does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to correct it?

Maybe some pertinent info:

Tweak XP installed
Firewall : Sygate
Stopzilla installed

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Someone else had this problem a few days ago. You could try a search. Don't know if they got a fix or not.

I did see a reply that said to run this: regsvr32 urlmon.dll...I did that and still have the same problem.

When did it start doing that? And was it after you installed SP1?

No...well at least I didnt notice it. I am not really sure, but I did remove SP1 if thats any help.

anyone have any ideas on how i can get IE to work normally again?

Thanks!!! I will uninstall it when i get back home this evening. I appreciate your help!

Kevin

I have the same problem , Stopzilla not installed (so its not the solution for me) This seems to be spreading slowly, perhaps it will be solved as it affects more users. Having to use netscape on some sites .4widdy

well i uninstalled stopzilla, then ran reg cleaner and it seems to be working...

4widdy -> you may want to try this: start, run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" this seems to be a common answer to this problem...

Thanx kevinr tried .......start, run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" .....a while ago , no joy......running popupkiller though thats a thought........4widdy

IE opens blank windowa

Hi,

If your having any problems with this still,

Try this this it sorted it for me :)

Hope this helps you

Cheers
Alan

bluegrab.gif

Alan :D ............. Actxprxy.........from the link was the one that did it for me ;) ...........THANKYOU...............4widdy

I know I'm being really thick but what is

SP1 ???

Thanks Kevinr,

SP1 seems to have genrated alot of trouble? Is it somthing a XPHome user should be downloading?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back